I just read about ADSI.

I did a test with the WinNT query on my XP Workstation:

; http://cwashington.netreach.net/depo/default.asp?topic=adsifaq
; displaying groups of a user
; Using ADSI - AutoIt 3.1.x Beta needed
; 1 dec 2005 Geert

$DomainString = @ComputerName
$UserString = "Administrator"

$UserObj = ObjGet("WinNT://" & $DomainString & "/" & $UserString)

For $GroupObj In $UserObj.Groups
    MsgBox(0, "", $GroupObj.Name)
Next

Tomorrow I will try the NDS or LDAP alternative.

Edited by Geert

I'm looking at creating an application that authenticates using ldap and Novell. Has anyone ever done this with Novell or AD? I've seen and used code to query, but not to login. :P

I don't guess I understand. What I take authenticate to mean is verifying that a party is who they say they are, which I guess you could do with an LDAP compare query vs. an NDS object if you knew what attribute to compare with. But it sounds like further than that you want authorization granted from eDirectory in return (login) when you authenticate? I think most apps leverage a network client or agent to do this...

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

• 8 months later...

I forgot about this post. You are correct in your assumption. I'm looking for a way to vaildate the password hash somehow.

I don't guess I understand. What I take authenticate to mean is verifying that a party is who they say they are, which I guess you could do with an LDAP compare query vs. an NDS object if you knew what attribute to compare with. But it sounds like further than that you want authorization granted from eDirectory in return (login) when you authenticate? I think most apps leverage a network client or agent to do this...

Thanks, this would work if I was looking to at vaildating the user is a group. It's an idea to try.

I just read about ADSI.

I did a test with the WinNT query on my XP Workstation:

; http://cwashington.netreach.net/depo/default.asp?topic=adsifaq
; displaying groups of a user
; Using ADSI - AutoIt 3.1.x Beta needed
; 1 dec 2005 Geert

$DomainString = @ComputerName
$UserString = "Administrator"

$UserObj = ObjGet("WinNT://" & $DomainString & "/" & $UserString)

For $GroupObj In $UserObj.Groups
    MsgBox(0, "", $GroupObj.Name)
Next

Tomorrow I will try the NDS or LDAP alternative.