Scite fold within Regions

Anas

Try this following 2 steps:

CTRL+LEFTMOUSEBUTTON on the "-" sign (folding sign on the left - near to #Region statement) 
and now 
ALT+LEFTMOUSEBUTTON on the same "+" folding sign.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers

Folds fine for me:

Knipsel.PNG

Don't think there is an option to fold one level lower on opening though. maybe a lua function could do that for you.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

In case  you or somenbody is interested in a LUA function for this:

1. Add this code to file  %localappdata%\AutoIt v3\SciTE\PersonalTools.lua:
  2. function PersonalTools:ToggleFoldLevel(x)
        if editor.Lexer == SCLEX_AU3 then
            -- clear output pane when debugging
    --~         output:ClearAll()
            fldonlev=tonumber(x)
    --~         print("### Fold toggle fold level ", fldonlev)
            local savlinlev1=-1
            local fldinlev1=0
            for a = 0, editor.LineCount-1, 1
            do
    --~             print("--",a+1, editor.FoldLevel[a],editor.FoldParent[a],savlinlev1,fldinlev1)
                -- outside of a fold again
                if editor.FoldParent[a+1] < savlinlev1 then
    --~                 print("End of fold block")
                    savlinlev1=editor.FoldParent[a+1]
                    fldinlev1=fldinlev1-1
                elseif editor.FoldParent[a+1] > savlinlev1 then
    --~                 print("Start of fold block")
                    if fldonlev == fldinlev1 then
    --~                     print("! Toggle fold for line ", a+1)
                        editor:ToggleFold(a)
                    end
                    fldinlev1=fldinlev1+1
                end
            end
        end
    end
  3. Add these lines to your Sciteuser.properties: the number behind the func is the level to toggle the fold for.
  4. #x lua test func
    command.name.41.$(au3)=ToggleFoldLevel
    command.mode.41.$(au3)=subsystem:lua,savebefore:no
    command.shortcut.41.$(au3)=Ctrl+Shift+F
    command.41.$(au3)=InvokeTool PersonalTools.ToggleFoldLevel 2
    The shortcut Ctrl+Shift+f should now do a toggle fold for only the level 2 folds.

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Very good solutions @Jos,
Thanks.

But as I remember long time ago I was thiniking about something like that but I would prefer little diferent behavior.
So I dig in your code and in Scintilla Documentation  and after 20 minute of learning I change a little:

editor:FoldChildren(a, 2)
-- editor:ToggleFold(a)

here is complete changed lua script:

function PersonalTools:ToggleFoldLevel(x)
--~         output:ClearAll()
        fldonlev=tonumber(x)
--~         print("### Fold toggle fold level ", fldonlev)
        local savlinlev1=-1
        local fldinlev1=0
        do
--~             print("--",a+1, editor.FoldLevel[a],editor.FoldParent[a],savlinlev1,fldinlev1)
            -- outside of a fold again
            if editor.FoldParent[a+1] < savlinlev1 then
--~                 print("End of fold block")
                fldinlev1=fldinlev1-1
            elseif editor.FoldParent[a+1] > savlinlev1 then
--~                 print("Start of fold block")
                if fldonlev == fldinlev1 then
--~                     print("! Toggle fold for line ", a+1)
                    editor:FoldChildren(a, 2)
                    -- editor:ToggleFold(a)
                end
                fldinlev1=fldinlev1+1
            end
        end
    end
end

Try with this testing script and you will see the difference

_Example1()

#Region - 1
Func _Example1()
    If True Then ; Check here
        For $i = 1 To 2
            _Example2()
            For $x = 1 To 2
                _Example2()
            Next
        Next
    EndIf

If False Then
        ; test2
        ; test2
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>_Example1
#EndRegion - 1

#Region - 2
Func _Example2()
    If True Then
        ; test1
        ; test1
    EndIf

If False Then
        ; test2
        ; test2
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>_Example2
#EndRegion - 2

Just after using CTRL+SHIFT+F then try to unfold this line:

If True Then ; Check here

Cheers.

mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Thanks Jos, this is very handy.

I use this LUA script to make Scite fold all first-levels throughout the script, and second-levels only in regions:

function PersonalTools:ToggleFoldLevel()
        local InRgn = false

for i = 0, editor.LineCount - 1 do
            local FoldLVL = editor.FoldLevel[i]
            local STR = editor:GetLine(i)

if not InRgn and FoldLVL == 67183616 and string.starts(STR, "#Region") then
                InRgn = true
            elseif InRgn and FoldLVL == 67109889 and string.starts(STR, "#EndRegion") then
                InRgn = false
            end

if FoldLVL == 1024 and (i+1) < editor.LineCount then
                print(i+1)
                print(FoldLVL)
                print(STR)
                print(InRgn)
                print("============")
            end

if FoldLVL == 67183616 or (InRgn and FoldLVL == 67249153) then editor:FoldLine(i,0) end
        end
    end
end

function string.starts(String, Start)
    local success, value = pcall(string.sub,String,1,string.len(Start))
    if success and value == Start then return true end
    return false
end

But I've a problem with it, after some lines (69 in this example), editor.FoldLevel it's stops returning the correct Fold-level value and just returns 1024:

Global $T

Func Func1()
    If $T Then

Else

EndIf
EndFunc

#Region 1
Func FuncInRegion1()
    If $T Then

Else

EndIf
EndFunc
#EndRegion

Func Func2()
    If $T Then

Else

EndIf
EndFunc

Func Func3()
    If $T Then

Else

EndIf
EndFunc

Func Func4()
    If $T Then

Else

EndIf
EndFunc

Func Func5()
    If $T Then

Else

EndIf
EndFunc

Func Func6()
    If $T Then

Else

EndIf
EndFunc

Func Func7()
    If $T Then

Else

EndIf
EndFunc

Func Func8()
    If $T Then

Else

EndIf
EndFunc

If I use "View>Toggle all folds", it starts to work as expected.

Edit:

As a workaround, I reset fold.on.open=1 and renamed the func to OnOpen to call it at launch.

Why is the output cleared when the function is called? even if I don't print anything.

Edited by Anas

• Developers

@Anas,

This version of my LUA script extracts just the Level number from the FoldLevel returned value and has your Region logic in it as well (a little modified to coupe with mixed case). 
Explanation can be found in the script and let me know when you have questions:

function string.starts(String, Start)
    if String == nil then return false end
    String=string.lower(String)
    Start=string.lower(Start)
    local success, value = pcall(string.sub,String,1,string.len(Start))
    if success and value == Start then return true end
    return false
end

function PersonalTools:ToggleFoldLevel(x)
    -- set to true when debugging
--~     debug=true
    debug=false
    if debug then output:ClearAll()end
    --
    fldonlev=tonumber(x)
    if debug then print("### Fold toggle fold level ", fldonlev) end
    if debug then print("--","Line", "FoldLevel","FParent","fld+InR", "InRgn", "flp", "fl", "fln") end
    -- local vars
    local InRgn=0
    -- loop through lines, starts at 0 for first line
    do
        local STR = editor:GetLine(a)
        -- Explanation how editor.FoldLevel value is build up. we need the last 2 characters
        --~ enu FoldLevel=SC_FOLDLEVEL
        --~ val SC_FOLDLEVELBASE=0x400
        --~ val SC_FOLDLEVELWHITEFLAG=0x1000
        --~ val SC_FOLDLEVELHEADERFLAG=0x2000
        --~ val SC_FOLDLEVELBOXHEADERFLAG=0x4000
        --~ val SC_FOLDLEVELBOXFOOTERFLAG=0x8000
        --~ val SC_FOLDLEVELCONTRACTED=0x10000
        --~ val SC_FOLDLEVELUNINDENT=0x20000
        --~ val SC_FOLDLEVELNUMBERMASK=0x0FFF   (I only use the last 2 characters for level calculation
        -- get foldlevel previous line    ( the "or 0" is to avoid a nil error)
        local foldlevp=tonumber(string.sub(string.format("%x",editor.FoldLevel[a-1]),6),16) or 0
        -- get foldlevel current line
        local foldlev=tonumber(string.sub(string.format("%x",editor.FoldLevel[a]),6),16) or 0
        -- get foldlevel next line
        local foldlevn=tonumber(string.sub(string.format("%x",editor.FoldLevel[a+1]),6),16) or 0
        --
        -- check for first level #Region and #EndRegion statements
        if  foldlev==0 and string.starts(STR, "#Region") then
            InRgn = 1
            if debug then print("+ Inside region")end
        elseif foldlev==1 and string.starts(STR, "#EndRegion") then
            InRgn = 0
            if debug then print("- Outside region") end
        end
        if debug then print("--",a+1, editor.FoldLevel[a],editor.FoldParent[a],fldonlev + InRgn, InRgn, foldlevp, foldlev, foldlevn,STR) end
        --
        -- check for lower fold level (Not used anymore in the logic)
        if foldlev < foldlevp then
            if debug then print("End of fold block") end
        end
        --
        -- check for higher fold level
        if foldlevn > foldlev then
            if debug then print("Start of fold block") end
            -- check if toggle fold is needed for this level
            if fldonlev + InRgn == foldlevn then
                if debug then print("! Toggle fold for line ", a+1) end
                editor:ToggleFold(a)
            end
        end
    end
end

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hello Jos,

Thank you for taking the time, but it seems that your example have the same "editor.FoldLevel" problem as well, at least for me:

Start of fold block
--  65  67240962    63  1   0   1   2   2   

--  66  67175426    63  1   0   2   2   1       EndIf

--  67  67109889    60  1   0   2   1   0   EndFunc

End of fold block
--  68  67109888    -1  1   0   1   0   0   

End of fold block
--  69  1024    -1  1   0   0   0   0   Func Func8()

--  70  1024    -1  1   0   0   0   0       If $T Then

--  71  1024    -1  1   0   0   0   0   

--  72  1024    -1  1   0   0   0   0       Else

--  73  1024    -1  1   0   0   0   0   

--  74  1024    -1  1   0   0   0   0       EndIf

--  75  1024    -1  1   0   0   0   0   EndFunc

--  76  1024    -1  1   0   0   0   0   nil

I found this old bug report that might explain it better.
BTW, since "fold.on.open=1" fixes it, this bug doesn't matter to me anymore.

But I'd like to stop Scite/Lua from clearing the output when the function is called. Is this possible?

Edited by Anas

• Developers

I used you script  to test and don't see the same values for FoldLevel.

Start of fold block
--  65  67240962    63  1   0   1   2   2   

--  66  67175426    63  1   0   2   2   1       EndIf

--  67  67109889    60  1   0   2   1   0   EndFunc

End of fold block
--  68  67109888    -1  1   0   1   0   0   

End of fold block
--  69  67183616    -1  1   0   0   0   1   Func Func8()

Start of fold block
! Toggle fold for line  69
--  70  67249153    68  1   0   0   1   2       If $T Then

Start of fold block
--  71  67240962    69  1   0   1   2   1   

--  72  67249153    68  1   0   2   1   2       Else

End of fold block
Start of fold block
--  73  67240962    71  1   0   1   2   2   

--  74  67175426    71  1   0   2   2   1       EndIf

--  75  67109889    68  1   0   2   1   0   EndFunc

End of fold block
--  76  1024    -1  1   0   1   0   0   nil
End of fold block

Which version of SciTE are you using and do the actual folding indicators look correct for those lines in SciTE?

Not sure whether there is an option to avoid clearing the OutputPane when using a LUA function... need a little research for that.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I had SciTE v.3.6.2.0, and updated to v.3.6.6.0 and still get the same results.

No, the function is not folded in SciTE nor does the indicator look like it does.

funcs.jpg

Did you have "fold.on.open" enabled when you tested?

Edited by Anas

• Developers

Strange... 

Just now, Anas said:

No, the function is not folded in SciTE.

I meant whether you see the Folding marks for the lines that return 1024:

Knipsel.PNG

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 minute ago, Jos said:

I meant whether you see the Folding marks for the lines that return 1024:

I Edit my previous post.

I thought reinstalling SciTE would've solved it.

• Developers
11 minutes ago, Anas said:

No, but tried that as well as well and don't see the behavior see and it still works as expected.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.