hello  everyone,

I'm new with AutoIT and just looking for a way to open Firefox with random window size

i have tried too many different samples from the web, some how it works but i can't make it works with Firefox 

MozRpel and ff.au3 installed 

right now i can open Firefox with this code, but i still can't control the window of Firefox

; open firefox 

#include <ff.au3>
_FFStart()

; open firefox with random size

On 12/25/2016 at 5:24 AM, Danp2 said:

Can you show us the code you tried that didn't work? Also, have you considered using WinMove to set the window's size once FF has loaded?

here some of the scripts i tired from the web

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Run Notepad
    Run("notepad.exe")

; Wait 10 seconds for the Notepad window to appear.
    Local $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10)

; Retrieve the position as well as the height and width of the Notepad window. We will use this when we have to move the window back to the original position.
    Local $aPos = WinGetPos($hWnd)

; Move the Notepad to the x, y position of 0, 0 and set the height and width at 200, 200.
    WinMove($hWnd, "", 0, 0, 200, 200)

; Wait for 2 seconds to display the new position of the Notepad window.
    Sleep(2000)

; Move the Notepad window back to the original position by using the array returned by WinGetPos.
    WinMove($hWnd, "", $aPos[0], $aPos[1], $aPos[2], $aPos[3])

; Wait for 2 seconds to display the original position of the Notepad window.
    Sleep(2000)

; Close the Notepad window using the handle returned by WinWait.
    WinClose($hWnd)
EndFunc   ;==>Example
; open firefox

#include <ff.au3>
_FFStart()

WinMove(_FFStart(), "", 0, 0, 400, 400)
; For window size 1024 * 768
$customWidth = 1024
$customY = 768

If $CmdLine[0] = 1 Then
    WinMove($CmdLine[1], "", 0, 0, $customWidth, $customY)
    _Middle($CmdLine[1], "")
EndIf

Func _Middle($win, $txt)
    $size = WinGetClientSize($win, $txt)
    Local $y = (@DesktopHeight / 2) - ($size[1] / 2)
    Local $x = (@DesktopWidth / 2) - ($size[0] / 2)
    Return WinMove($win, $txt, $x, $y)
EndFunc

and here i found some topics about resizing,

i'm not really good in coding the reason i still can't run it with firefox

Im curious about what you mean with random size, do you really mean random? as in: anything between 0 and total width, and 0 and total height?

This works for me, as i think you described it

$Proc = Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe")
_Random()
Func _Random()
    WinWait('[CLASS:MozillaWindowClass]')
    Local $aPos = WinGetPos('[CLASS:MozillaWindowClass]')
    Local $Handle = WinGetHandle('[CLASS:MozillaWindowClass]')
    Local $x = Random(0, @DesktopWidth)
    Local $y = Random(0, @DesktopHeight)
    ConsoleWrite('$x - '& $x &' $y - '&$y&@CRLF)
    Sleep(3000)
    WinMove($Handle, '', $aPos[0], $aPos[1], $x, $y)
EndFunc

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

On 12/25/2016 at 5:24 AM, Danp2 said:

You need to get the handle of the FF window. To do that, you can use _FFWindowGetHandle() --

#include <ff.au3>
_FFStart()

$ffhwnd = _FFWindowGetHandle()

WinMove($ffhwnd, "", 0, 0, 400, 400)

excellent  it works! it was just missing this part for testing the window control

$ffhwnd = _FFWindowGetHandle()

now i will try  Careca's code for the Random part :) 

thanks

58 minutes ago, careca said:

Im curious about what you mean with random size, do you really mean random? as in: anything between 0 and total width, and 0 and total height?

This works for me, as i think you described it

_Random()
Func _Random()
    Local $x = Random(0, @DesktopWidth)
    Local $y = Random(0, @DesktopHeight)
    Sleep(3000)
EndFunc

excellent it works like a charm :thumbsup:

exactly what i was looking for, it took me a week trying to figure it out 

now i will just try to keep the resolution of the window at specific size  as in:  anything between 550 and 1280 width x 400 and 720 height
hope it will works

thank you :)

2 hours ago, careca said:

here is the code for specific size as in:  anything between 1000 and 1330 width x 650 and 720 height

_Random()
Func _Random()
    Local $x = Random(1000, 1360, @DesktopWidth)
    Local $y = Random(650, 720, @DesktopHeight)
    Sleep(3000)
EndFunc

Edited by mazz3d

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mLipok
      wd_capabilities.au3 UDF was changed/modified/refactored .... and commited/merged (02-12-2021) to https://github.com/Danp2/WebDriver

WARNING: Before you start using this UDF be sure you download the recent version from: https://github.com/Danp2/WebDriver

==================================================================================================

Recently I start wd_capabilities.au3 project on my side.
      I think this is time to share to AutoIt community.
      Check attached UDF: wd_capabilities.au3

Here is a scratch example showing how to use them:
      #include "wd_helper.au3" #include "wd_capabilities.au3" _Example() Func _Example() ........ ........ ........ _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments(Null) ; CLEANUP ARGS _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments('--headless') _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments('start-maximized') _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments('disable-infobars') _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments('user-data-dir', 'C:\Users\' & @UserName & '\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default') Local $s_WD_Capabilities_Arguments = _WD_Capabilities_Build_Arguments(Default) ; GET ARGS _WD_Capabilities_Build_Preferences(Null) ; CLEANUP PREFS If $s_Download_dir Then _WD_Capabilities_Build_Preferences('download.default_directory', $s_Download_dir) Local $s_WD_Capabilities_Preferences = _WD_Capabilities_Build_Preferences(Default) ; GET PREFS Local $s_Desired_Capabilities = _WD_Capabilities_Build_JSON('chrome', $s_WD_Capabilities_Arguments, $s_WD_Capabilities_Preferences) Local $WD_SESSION = _WD_CreateSession($s_Desired_Capabilities) ........ ........ ........ EndFunc  
      I plan to publish the code on GitHub.
      In the indefinite future, when the project becomes more functional, if @Danp2 accepts it, I hope it may be included in the main WebDriver UDF.

I am waiting for yours feedback and help in the further development of this project.

REMARK 1:
      As so far this UDF only supports GoogleChrome.
      Adding support for other browsers shouldn't be difficult, I just didn't need to.

REMARK 2:
      For now, this project is working but still as a early BETA, so please do not discuss, ask questions, or post examples or snippets of code that pertain to any function of this UDF in other part of this forum, until it is found acceptable. Simply: discusion and tests only here in this topic.

Regards,
      @mLipok

• By Hermes
      Hi, I am struggling in setting the value of a textarea based on the value of clipboard (that contains a long web page source codes). If I use _WD_SetElementValue, it freezes after some time, or appears to be pressing tab and goes out of focus. I can also use send keys but i need the script to run in the background.
      Here is the full script:
      #Include "Chrome.au3" #Include "wd_core.au3" #Include "wd_helper.au3" #Include "WinHttp.au3" #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <Excel.au3> Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession SetupChrome() _WD_Startup() $sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities) _WD_LoadWait($sSession) _WD_Navigate($sSession, "http://demo.borland.com/testsite/stadyn_largepagewithimages.html") _WD_LoadWait($sSession) Global $sSource = _WD_GetSource($sSession) Local $Paste = ClipPut($sSource) Local $sData = ClipGet() Local $aArray = 0, _ $iOffset = 1 While 1 $aArray = StringRegExp($sData, '(?s)<p>.*</p>', $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH, $iOffset) If @error Then ExitLoop $iOffset = @extended For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray) - 1 Local $Paste = ClipPut($aArray[$i]) Local $sRegExData = ClipGet() ;MsgBox(0, "", "$sRegExData = " & $sRegExData) Next WEnd _WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_textarea_placeholder") _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "iframe#iframeResult") Local $sElement1 = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "iframe#iframeResult") _WD_FrameEnter($sSession, $sElement1) _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//html/body/textarea") $textarea = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//html/body/textarea") _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $textarea, 'click') ;WD SetElementValue(SsSession, Stextarea, $sRegExData) <-- I can do this but the focus goes out, or the browser freezes _WD_FrameLeave($sSession) sleep(2000) Send("^v") _WD_LoadWait($sSession) _WD_Shutdown() Func SetupChrome() _WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe') _WD_Option('Port', 9515) _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"') $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "args":["start-maximized","disable-infobars"]}}}}' EndFunc ;==>SetupChrome Can someone help me please, or re-direct me to the right path? TIA!
    • By noellarkin
      This is for those pages that seem to load when you use _FFOpenURL(), but they have a text saying "please wait while we load your page..." but according to _FFOpenURL() the page has loaded.  An example seen in popular sites is the Cloudflare page saying "Checking your browser before...". It's the opposite of pausing a script until an element is visible on a page. It takes Elements in the form of id, xpath or text search.
      Global $BrowserPort = 4242 Global $TimeOut = 60000 Global $LocalHost = "127.0.0.1" Func _FFWaitWhileElement($thiselement, $elementtype = "xpath", $timeoutms = 60000) _FFConnect($LocalHost, $BrowserPort, $TimeOut) Local $Element Local $ElementFound = 1 Local $TimeoutCountdown = 0 While $ElementFound <> 0 And $TimeoutCountdown < $timeoutms If $elementtype = "xpath" Then $Element = _FFXPath($thiselement) EndIf If $elementtype = "id" Then Local $ConstructXPath = ".//*[@id='" & $thiselement & "']" $Element = _FFXPath($ConstructXPath) EndIf ; MsgBox(0, "", $Element) Local $ElementXPathTextContent = _FFCmd("FFau3.xpath.textContent") ; MsgBox(0, "", $ElementXPathTextContent) Local $ElementXPathInnerHTML = _FFCmd("FFau3.xpath.innerHTML") ; MsgBox(0, "", $ElementXPathInnerHTML) If $ElementXPathTextContent = "_FFCmd_Err" Or $ElementXPathInnerHTML = "_FFCmd_Err" Then $ElementFound = 0 Else $ElementFound = 1 EndIf If $elementtype = "text" Then $ElementFound = _FFSearch($thiselement) ; MsgBox(0, "", $ElementFound) EndIf $TimeoutCountdown += 1000 _FFDisConnect() _FFConnect($LocalHost, $BrowserPort, $TimeOut) WEnd Return $ElementFound EndFunc _FFConnect($LocalHost, $BrowserPort, $TimeOut) _FFOpenURL("https://www.site.com/page", True) _FFWaitForElement("Please Wait...","text", 60000) MsgBox(0,"","Page finished loading") It's pretty simple, hope it helps some of you who are working with FF.au3 :)
    • By noellarkin
      So I was trying to write a function that can find a button (or any other XPath Element) and scroll the page + move the mouse to the location of the button.
      My logic for this was:
      1. get position of button using _FFGetPosition
      2. get inner dimensions of browser window and total dimensions of page
      3. divide total dimensions by inner dimensions to get number of page down operations
      4. use Mod() to get remaining pixels offset
      5. MouseMove() and add requisite offsets for Titlebar etc (what the +5 and +54 is for in the last line)
      Example Code:
      _FFConnect($LocalHost, $BrowserPort, $TimeOut) Local $Button = _FFXPath(".//*[@id='thisbutton']") Local $ButtonPosition = _FFGetPosition($Button) Local $ElementWidth = $ButtonPosition[0] Local $ElementHeight = $ButtonPosition[1] Local $InnerWidth = _FFCmd("window.content.innerWidth") Local $InnerHeight = _FFCmd("window.content.innerHeight") Local $PageWidth = _FFCmd(".body.offsetWidth") Local $PageHeight = _FFCmd(".body.offsetHeight") Local $PGDNNo = Int($ElementHeight/$InnerHeight) Local $PGDNMod = Mod($ElementHeight, $InnerHeight) ; MsgBox(0,"","$ElementX: " & $ElementWidth & @CRLF & "$ElementY: " & $ElementHeight) ; MsgBox(0,"","$InnerWidth: " & $InnerWidth & @CRLF & "$InnerHeight: " & $InnerHeight) ; MsgBox(0,"","$PageWidth: " & $PageWidth & @CRLF & "$PageHeight: " & $PageHeight) ; MsgBox(0,"",$PGDNNo) ; MsgBox(0,"",$PGDNMod) Local $iter = 1 While $iter <= $PGDNNo WinActivate($BrowserWindowClass,"") _FFCmd("window.content.scrollByPages(1)") $iter += 1 WEnd MouseMove($ElementWidth + 5, $PGDNMod + 54) This isn't working. In some cases, it's not doing the page down operation the number of times needed, or not accurately pinpointing the location. I think there may be something wrong with the logic I'm using. What am I doing wrong?
      Thanks.

• By Sanja
      Hello forum,
      I have the problem that I can not use Firefox in combination with WebDriver when using AutoIt on some websites. Of course it does not work with the very website I need it to work with.
      As soon as I want to open the desired website, I get the little robot icon which tells me that the "browser is under remote control" and the website stays blank.
      I CAN open the website (www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de) but I get blocked when I want to go to my account, to be precise.

I am using AutoIt 3.3.14.5 I have checked my FireFox version. It is up to date. Also the special browser drivers like gecko etrc. are up to date too and everything works fine with the WebDriver demo.
      It seems that another user also had the same problem, but the thread has already been closed and the users solution (setting security lower did not work for me).
      I mean I can only choose between "standard", "strict" and "customized". On "customized I unchecked everything but it still would not change anything.
      I also have checked Google Chrome and MS Edge. Same result.
      I tried swiching profiles (only with FireFox). Same result.
      I tried to acess a previously opened FireFox session where I manually logged in by using this code snippet:
      _WD_Option('Driver', 'C:\Path\to\the\executable\geckodriver.exe') _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace --connect-existing  --marionette-port 2828') _WD_Option('Port', 4444) Obviously I adjusted the path of the geckodriver.exe but it did not work at all on my computer.
      So far my code is really basically nothing but I can not even start to code. I myself am not a real coder and I know only the very basics like loops, conditions and variables.
      ----------------------------------------
      ; Script Start #include <Array.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <GuiComboBoxEx.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include "wd_core.au3" #include "wd_helper.au3" #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession, $sElement SetupGecko() $_WD_DEBUG = $_WD_DEBUG_None _WD_Startup() $sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities) _WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/m-meine-anzeigen.html?sort=CREATION_DATE_ASC&keyword=winter") Exit Func SetupGecko() _WD_Option('Driver', 'geckodriver.exe') _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace --marionette-port 2828') _WD_Option('Port', 4444) $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities":{"alwaysMatch": {"moz:firefoxOptions": {"args": ["-profile", "' & "C:/Users/myaccount/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0123456.default-release" & '"],"log": {"level": "trace"}}}}}' EndFunc ;==>SetupGecko Func SetupChrome() _WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe') _WD_Option('Port', 9515) _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"') $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"]}}}}' EndFunc ;==>SetupChrome Func SetupEdge() _WD_Option('Driver', 'msedgedriver.exe') _WD_Option('Port', 9515) _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\msedge.log"') $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"ms:edgeOptions": {"binary": "' & StringReplace(@ProgramFilesDir, "\", "/") & '/Microsoft/Edge/Application/msedge.exe", "excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"], "useAutomationExtension": false}}}}' EndFunc ;==>SetupEdge --------------------------------------
      I left the three setup functions in, because I do not care what browser I use as long as I can start coding.
      Also, please understand that I am not trying to be lazy here. I do not want someone to code for me. Maybe the problem is very basic, but I just do not know how to eliminate that restriction.
      Is it something I need to uncheck in the browser settings or is it more complicated? If you need more information, I will be happy to provide those.
      If somebody has an idea or a solution, I would very much appreciate it.

Edit:
      I am not bothered by the robot icon itself. I do not care about it.  If I try to acess my regular ebay account: "https://mesg.ebay.de/mesgweb/ViewMessages/0" it works like a charm despite the notification that the browser is remotely controlled.
      My problem is, that the first website does not load for some reason ONLY when the browser is remote controlled.