V3 Beta... how beta is beta?

Guest s_mack

Hello. I've been using the latest release version (3.1.1). There was one tiny bit of functionality I required that doesn't exist in that release but when I checked the latest beta appears to!

What I am wondering, that only the core programmers can answer probably, is if I download and install the latest beta do I risk killing my existing scripts? I realize perhaps not everything in the beta is 100% functional and tested but would everything that was in 3.1.1 still work?

If it turns out that I would be risking it... then is there some other way to achieve this:

RunWait ( 'schtasks /create /tn "Job Name" /tr "\"c:\some\path with spaces\file.exe\"" /sc daily /st ' & $hour & ':00:00 /ru "' & @UserName & '" /rp "' & $password & '" > "' & $tempfile & '"',"", @SW_HIDE)

This fails because of the > I'm using to attempt to capture the output to a file. I can't seem to do a @ComSpec version because of the quotes (I can do a simple @ComSpec but not if it involves embedded quotes).

The latest beta has support for STDERR and STDOUT so I should be able to make something work with that.

If I take the literal of the above command, eg:

schtasks /create /tn "Job Name" /tr "\"c:\some\path with spaces\file.exe\"" /sc daily /st 21:00:00 /ru "User Name With Spaces" /rp "password possibly with spaces" > %TEMP%\tempfile

and run it directly in a command prompt box it works fine. So nothing is wrong with the command in the Windows world... but I'm not giving it to AutoIt in a way it likes I guess.

Thoughts? Thanks.

- Steven

IMO the beta is more stable then the stable.

since critical bugs have been fixed (and ofcourse tons of new functions added)

i say: give it a try, and if you dont like it, you can always revert back to the stable.

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

Hey, Thanks Larry!!! I can never seem to figure out all the quoting schemes. I'll study what you did there to see if I can learn so I don't have to ask that kind of thing again.

- Steven

ps. I've noticed and asked this many times before... WHY DOESN'T EMAIL NOTIFICATION WORK??? I have never received an email notification of a reply to one of my posts. YES, "enable email notification" is checked... YES, my email address is correct in my profile. Its only this forum. I just found a question I had asked back in '04 that had several answers to it but I didn't see it until now because of this.

Well how about that. The first time it ever works for me is right after someone finally posts saying it works for them lol.

I did change something though, and it was odd:

In my usercp it says to default email notifications to "instant" but when I looked at my subscriptions (this one) it was set to "delay". So when Larry responded I did not receive anything then I changed it to "instant" and yes, I did receive one when you posted.

I just don't know why "delay" doesn't work, but regardless why was it set to that when my default is to instant?

Whatever.. at least now I think I know what to do in order to receive future notifications.

- Steven