Help with YES and NO button

Hi,

I'm making some application and now i want to make confirmation on exit but can't make it work. I want if user press YES to exit if press NO to continue. As it say in help file YES is = 1 but that don't work in my case i don't know why. And i can't see info icon, i try without it just to leave 4 instead of 64&4 and try to replace 4&64 and without 64 but won't work.

#cs
Button:     Return Value:
OK              1
CANCEL          2
ABORT           3
RETRY           4
IGNORE          5
YES             6
NO              7
TRY AGAIN **    10
CONTINUE **     11
#ce

If MsgBox(64&4, "  Info", "Do u really want to exit aplication ?") == 1 Then Exit

Edit: oh my bad Yes is 6 not 1 :) #resolved

Edited by akira2891

• Moderators

akira289,

As it say in help file YES is = 1

Are you sure? Look at what you have in that snippet:

#cs
Button:     Return Value:
OK              1
CANCEL          2
ABORT           3
RETRY           4
IGNORE          5
YES             6
NO              7
TRY AGAIN **    10
CONTINUE **     11
#ce

"YES" looks as if it returns "6" - which is exactly what it does.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

$iMsgBoxAnswer = MsgBox(68, "Test", "Do you want to retry?")
    Select
        Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 6 ;Yes
            Exit
        Case $iMsgBoxAnswer = 7 ;No
            Exit
    EndSelect

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

Well, as per that snippet, the script will exit if you press Yes and if you press No.

Your initial oneliner solution works, but you just have to change that digit to the correct one (i.e. 6).

If MsgBox(68, "Test", "Do you want to exit?") = 6 Then Exit
MsgBox(64, "test", "You pressed no!")

Edited by SadBunny
Changed == to = as per Brew's suggestion

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

@SadBunny You don't need to, probably shouldn't,  use the double equal sign when doing a comparison as in your examples. In AutoIt the double equals sign should only to be used as a case sensitive string comparison. If you do use it, you might get unforeseen comparisons happening.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

12 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

@SadBunny You don't need to, probably shouldn't,  use the double equal sign when doing a comparison as in your examples. In AutoIt the double equals sign should only to be used as a case sensitive string comparison. If you do use it, you might get unforeseen comparisons happening.

Very true. I missed that as I copypasted it from the original question :) Edited.

Just now, SadBunny said:

I missed that as I copypasted it from the original question

Then I redirect the advice to @akira2891

:)

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

12 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

Then I redirect the advice to @akira2891

:)

Too late. You have already offended me, insulted my intelligence and disrespected my constitutional freedoms. It is the worst thing that ever happened to me and I am already on the phone with Dr. Phil's production team.

That's the only reasonable thing to do. I look forward to see you in his program, and listen to DR Phil spew condescending remarks at you. XD

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe