[SOLVED] Connect to MS Access

DaLiMan

Hi, I'm trying to connect to an Access database (2016) for some time now.
I tried several UDF's from the Forum without any luck.
Yesterday I found a piece of code from GreenCan LINK TO TOPIC which seems promising.
So I made an file DSN as suggested in the script, but I don't know how to get this working.

Below is another piece of code I came up with.....
This is also not working.

Does anyone have this working?
I the end need to read table data to an array [Id - Name]

Local $title
Local $dbname = "D:\Documents\1_Daniel\Access\Import_Fill_Empty.accdb"
Local $tblname = "newfile"
Local $query = "SELECT * FROM " & $tblname & " WHERE ID = 10"

Local $oShell = ObjCreate("shell.application") ; Get the Windows Shell Object
ConsoleWrite("oShell=" & $oShell & @CRLF)

$adoCon = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection")
ConsoleWrite("adocon=" & $adoCon & @CRLF)
;$adoCon.Open("Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & $dbname) ;Use this line if using MS Access 2003 and lower
$adoCon.Open ("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & $dbname) ;Use this line if using MS Access 2007 and using the .accdb file extension
; Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\myFolder\myAccessFile.accdb;
; Jet OLEDB:Database Password=MyDbPassword;
$adoRs = ObjCreate ("ADODB.Recordset")
$adoRs.CursorType = 1
$adoRs.LockType = 3
$adoRs.Open ($query, $adoCon)
$title = $adoRs.Fields("veld2").value    ;Retrieve value by field name
;$title = $adoRs.Fields(2).value         ;Retrieve value by column number
$adoCon.Close
MsgBox(0,"testing",$title)

Edited by DaLiMan

Did you try also this:

??

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

2 hours ago, mLipok said:

Did you try also this:

I downloaded the file and copied the example. Can you help me set up a connection?
what do I need for the globals?
I have no password set for the database, so do I need to fill sUser?

Global $sDSN = '????'
Global $sDatabase = 'D:\Documents\1_Daniel\Access\Import_Fill_Empty.accdb'
Global $sServer = '????'
Global $sPort = '????'
Global $sUser = ''
Global $sPassword = ''

Edited by DaLiMan
typo

3 hours ago, spudw2k said:

I've had some success with my ADODB UDF in my signature.  The most common issue I've seen is 64-bit related.

Hi spudw2k, Just tried your ADODB UDF.
Unfortunatly having errors...:(

Since I have W10(64bit) but O2016(32bit) I don't know if the 64bit issue could be the problem here.
Tried the #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N option without ant luck though. 
However the #error notification changes but the err.number remains the same?

COMerror.JPG

COMerror_x64.JPG

7 hours ago, DaLiMan said:

I downloaded the file and copied the example. Can you help me set up a connection?
what do I need for the globals?
I have no password set for the database, so do I need to fill sUser?

Global $sDSN = '????'
Global $sDatabase = 'D:\Documents\1_Daniel\Access\Import_Fill_Empty.accdb'
Global $sServer = '????'
Global $sPort = '????'
Global $sUser = ''
Global $sPassword = ''

Look in ADO_EXAMPLE.au3

Func _Example_MSAccess()

Local $sMDB_FileFullPath = Default ;'Here put FileFullPath to your Access File'
    Local $sDriver = Default
    Local $sUser = Default
    Local $sPassword = Default

Local $sConnectionString = _ADO_ConnectionString_Access($sMDB_FileFullPath, $sUser, $sPassword, $sDriver)

_Example_1_RecordsetToConsole($sConnectionString, "Select * from SOME_TABLE")
    _Example_2_RecordsetDisplay($sConnectionString, "Select * from SOME_TABLE")
    _Example_3_ConnectionProperties($sConnectionString)

EndFunc   ;==>_Example_MSAccess

and look here:
https://www.connectionstrings.com/access/

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

:'( I think I downloaded the wrong file :blink:

Now downloaded ADO 2.1.13 BETA and found the example file.
Having tested it I come across the same errors as before.

>"D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable\..\AutoIt3.exe" "D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\Downloads\ADO 2.1.13 BETA\ADO_EXAMPLE.au3" /UserParams    
+>12:41:23 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.16.306.1237.0 SciTE v.3.6.2.0   Keyboard:00020409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0413)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4    # detect ascii high characters and if none found set default encoding to UTF8 and do not add BOM
+>         SciTEDir => D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable   UserDir => D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable\AutoIt3Wrapper
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  params:-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7  from:D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install  input:D:\Downloads\ADO 2.1.13 BETA\ADO_EXAMPLE.au3
+>12:41:24 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.2):D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\autoit3_x64.exe "D:\Downloads\ADO 2.1.13 BETA\ADO_EXAMPLE.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
###############################
ADO.au3 v.2.1.13 BETA (970) : ==> COM Error intercepted !
$oADO_Error.description is:     [Microsoft][ODBC-stuurprogrammabeheer] De naam van de gegevensbron is niet gevonden en er is geen standaardstuurprogramma opgegeven
$oADO_Error.windescription:     Er is een uitzondering opgetreden.

$oADO_Error.number is:  80020009
$oADO_Error.lastdllerror is:    0
$oADO_Error.scriptline is:  970
$oADO_Error.source is:  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
$oADO_Error.helpfile is:    
$oADO_Error.helpcontext is:     0

Could it be the 64 bit problem spudw2k was talking about?

Try to change this function in my UDF:

Func _ADO_ConnectionString_Access($sFileFullPath, $sUser = Default, $sPassword = Default, $sDriver = Default)

If $sUser = Default Then
        $sUser = ''
    Else
        $sUser = 'Uid=' & $sUser & ';'
    EndIf

If $sPassword = Default Then
        $sPassword = ''
    Else
        $sPassword = 'PWD=' & $sPassword & ';'
    EndIf

If $sDriver = Default Then
        If StringRight($sFileFullPath,6) = '.accdb' then
            $sDriver = 'Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)'
        Else
            $sDriver = 'Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)'
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Local $sConnectionString = 'Driver={' & $sDriver & '};Dbq="' & $sFileFullPath & '";' & $sUser & $sPassword

If Not StringRegExp($sConnectionString, '(?i)(Microsoft Access Driver \(*.mdb\)|Microsoft Access Driver \(*.mdb, *.accdb\))', $STR_REGEXPMATCH) Then
        $sConnectionString = StringReplace($sConnectionString, ';Dbq=', ' ;Data Source=')
    EndIf

Return SetError($ADO_ERR_SUCCESS, $ADO_EXT_DEFAULT, $sConnectionString)
EndFunc   ;==>_ADO_ConnectionString_Access

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Look also here:

There is working example which should work correctly with attached     bd-teste.accdb

I mean this should work after installing "AccessDatabaseEngine.exe"

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

11 hours ago, mLipok said:

I mean this should work after installing "AccessDatabaseEngine.exe"

I downloaded and installed the 32bit (can't instal the 64bit... )
But this should not botter I guess because my office is 32 bit also.

Copied the example from the other topic and donloaded your example database.
Still having the same error...

>"D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable\..\AutoIt3.exe" "D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\_AccessRead_test2.au3" /UserParams    
+>09:43:32 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.16.306.1237.0 SciTE v.3.6.2.0   Keyboard:00020409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0413)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4    # detect ascii high characters and if none found set default encoding to UTF8 and do not add BOM
+>         SciTEDir => D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable   UserDir => D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable\AutoIt3Wrapper
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  from:D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install  input:D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\_AccessRead_test2.au3
+>09:43:35 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.2):D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\autoit3_x64.exe "D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\_AccessRead_test2.au3"    
_AccessRead_test2.au3 (15) : ==> COM Error intercepted !
    err.number is:      0x80020009
    err.windescription: Er is een uitzondering opgetreden.

err.description is:     [Microsoft][ODBC-stuurprogrammabeheer] De naam van de gegevensbron is niet gevonden en er is geen standaardstuurprogramma opgegeven
    err.source is:      Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
    err.helpfile is:    
    err.helpcontext is:     0
    err.lastdllerror is:    0
    err.scriptline is:  15
    err.retcode is:     0x80004005

Do you know what Page2PagePro was talking about when he wrote this? (Where is this control panel?)
If you do NOT have two Data Sources shortcuts in Control Panel --> Administrative Tools, I'd recommend doing the following:

Also, I made a DSN file from Access.
Here is the data in de DSN file.
Looks like it uses the default driver just like in your UDF. SO why doesn't it work?

[ODBC]
DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)
UID=admin
UserCommitSync=Yes
Threads=3
SafeTransactions=0
PageTimeout=5
MaxScanRows=8
MaxBufferSize=2048
FIL=MS Access
DriverId=25
DefaultDir=D:\DOCUMENTS
DBQ=D:\DOCUMENTS\Database1.accdb

please set Fake User and Password and then post here a result from: 

_ADO_ConnectionString_Access

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Hi and the best wishes for 2017. :)

After starting up this morning I tested your latest reply.....guess what...It works!
I must have done something wrong yesterday. :>

So I compiled the test script and copied it to another computer on which I did not install the AccessDatabaseEngine.exe
And indeed, having errors again. So just like you said, we really need to install this engine.
Which, to my opinion ,is strange because I have a full office installation including MS Access fulltime.
Still I wish there was another way to connect to Access w/o having to install anything.
Installing anything  would be an obstacle for if I wanted to distribute to other users, which I was thinking about for work.
Since not being an administrator I can't install anything and so can't anybody else.

However, for the current project at home this is fine.
Thank you very much for the help.

PS: If you know of another way to connect to MS Access w/o the installation of this engine I would be very interested! ;)

On 31.12.2016 at 1:34 PM, mLipok said:

please set Fake User and Password and then post here a result from: 

_ADO_ConnectionString_Access

I'm still interested in showing your answer .

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, mLipok said:

I'm still interested in showing your answer .

Here is the error from _ADO_Connectionstring_Access.
I hope this is what you mean? If you need anything else just say so. I'll try to give what you ask.

>"D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable\..\AutoIt3.exe" "D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\Downloads\ADO 2.1.13 BETA\ADO_EXAMPLE.au3" /UserParams    
+>15:04:59 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.16.306.1237.0 SciTE v.3.6.2.0   Keyboard:00020409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0413)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4    # detect ascii high characters and if none found set default encoding to UTF8 and do not add BOM
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  params:-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7  from:D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install  input:D:\Downloads\ADO 2.1.13 BETA\ADO_EXAMPLE.au3
+>15:05:00 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.2):D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\autoit3.exe "D:\Downloads\ADO 2.1.13 BETA\ADO_EXAMPLE.au3"    
@@ Debug(29) : _ADO_ConnectionString_Access($sMDB_FileFullPath, $sUser, $sPassword, $sDriver) = Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)} ;Data Source="D:\Downloads\bd-teste.accdb";Uid=fake;PWD=nope;
>Error code: 0
$oADO_Error.description is:     [Microsoft][ODBC-stuurprogrammabeheer] De naam van de gegevensbron is niet gevonden en er is geen standaardstuurprogramma opgegeven

$oADO_Error.helpfile is:    

Check this for "Driver" and "Provider":

Func _Example_MSAccess()

Local $sConnectionString =  'Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};Dbq="D:\Downloads\bd-teste.accdb";Uid=fake;PWD=nope;'
    ;Local $sConnectionString =  'Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source="D:\Downloads\bd-teste.accdb";Uid=fake;PWD=nope;'

_Example_1_RecordsetToConsole($sConnectionString, "Select * from SOME_TABLE")
    _Example_2_RecordsetDisplay($sConnectionString, "Select * from SOME_TABLE")
    _Example_3_ConnectionProperties($sConnectionString)

EndFunc   ;==>_Example_MSAccess

And here are some links to read:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d5c04c7-157f-4955-a14b-41d912d50a64/how-to-fix-error-the-microsoftaceoledb120-provider-is-not-registered-on-the-local-machine?forum=vstsdb

http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/article/280/solved-the-microsoft-ace-oledb-12-0-provider-is-not-registered-on-the-local-machine

http://www.layer2solutions.com/en/community/FAQs/BDLC/Pages/How-to-access-office-2010-data-from-sharepoint.aspx

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Errors from the driver with ADO.UDF

>"D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable\..\AutoIt3.exe" "D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\Downloads\ADO 2.1.13 BETA\ADO_EXAMPLE2.au3" /UserParams    
+>12:24:27 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.16.306.1237.0 SciTE v.3.6.2.0   Keyboard:00020409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0413)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4    # detect ascii high characters and if none found set default encoding to UTF8 and do not add BOM
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  params:-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7  from:D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install  input:D:\Downloads\ADO 2.1.13 BETA\ADO_EXAMPLE2.au3
+>12:24:28 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.2):D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\autoit3.exe "D:\Downloads\ADO 2.1.13 BETA\ADO_EXAMPLE2.au3"    
@@ Debug(25) : $sConnectionString = Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)}; DBQ="D:\Downloads\bd-teste.accdb";Uid=fake;PWD=nope;
$oADO_Error.description is:     [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key Temporary (volatile) Ace DSN for process 0xeb0 Thread 0x327c DBC 0x57a7acc                                                              Jet'.

$oADO_Error.helpfile is:    
ADO.au3 v.2.1.13 BETA (971) : ==> COM Error intercepted !
$oADO_Error.description is:     [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key Temporary (volatile) Ace DSN for process 0xeb0 Thread 0x327c DBC 0x57a7acc                                                              Jet'.

$oADO_Error.scriptline is:  971
$oADO_Error.helpfile is:    

Errors from the provider with the ADO.UDF

>"D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable\..\AutoIt3.exe" "D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\SciTE4AutoIt3_Portable\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\Downloads\ADO 2.1.13 BETA\ADO_EXAMPLE2.au3" /UserParams    
+>12:26:21 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.16.306.1237.0 SciTE v.3.6.2.0   Keyboard:00020409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0413)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4    # detect ascii high characters and if none found set default encoding to UTF8 and do not add BOM
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  params:-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7  from:D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install  input:D:\Downloads\ADO 2.1.13 BETA\ADO_EXAMPLE2.au3
+>12:26:22 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.2):D:\Downloads\autoit-v3\install\autoit3.exe "D:\Downloads\ADO 2.1.13 BETA\ADO_EXAMPLE2.au3"    
@@ Debug(27) : 'Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source="D:\Downloads\bd-teste.accdb";Uid=;PWD=;' = Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source="D:\Downloads\bd-teste.accdb";Uid=;PWD=;
$oADO_Error.description is:     Could not find installable ISAM.

$oADO_Error.source is:  Microsoft Access Database Engine
$oADO_Error.helpfile is:    
$oADO_Error.helpcontext is:     5003170
ADO.au3 v.2.1.13 BETA (971) : ==> COM Error intercepted !
$oADO_Error.description is:     Could not find installable ISAM.

$oADO_Error.scriptline is:  971
$oADO_Error.source is:  Microsoft Access Database Engine
$oADO_Error.helpfile is:    
$oADO_Error.helpcontext is:     5003170

Thanks for the links. Haven't been able to read them but I certainly will later this week.

• 5 weeks later...

Did you solve your problem ?

btw.

On 30.12.2016 at 0:45 PM, DaLiMan said:

Could it be the 64 bit problem spudw2k was talking about?

What you mean ? Do you try to use AutoIt x64 ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler