Download old versions of Scite?

tcox8

Hello all,

Long story short: I am updating a program I created many years ago for our Help Desk. I haven't used AutoIt in a while so I downloaded it again. Of course there were several script breaking changes so I opted to download an older version of AutoIt (3.3.8.1) which worked. However when downloading the full Scite it produces the attached error when trying to compile my script. I need the full version of Scite to compile with options. Is it possible to download older versions of Scite or is there an easy fix for this issue? I have attempted reinstalling, uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling to no avail.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't"

Looks like the most up-to-date version of scite needs the most up-to-date version of autoit.  What you could TRY is downloading the autoit "zip" file, and extracting and replacing only the WinAPIFiles.au3 in the "includes" folder into your installation directory's "includes" folder, which might resolve it.  I don't know though, I only use the up-to-date versions.

I just tried this. It is a rabbit hole. Kept asking for more files in the include. After including about 10 more files it fails when running part of one of those included files.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't"

I don't think Jos keeps older versions of SciTE archived, so it might be difficult to find an earlier complete installation. I think your best bet in this situation is to go through the code on the latest production build of AutoIt and just update the script-breaking changes. It'll allow you to continue using your program into the near future and not have to worry about backwards compatibility.

UHJvZmVzc2lvbmFsIENvbXB1dGVyZXI=

1 hour ago, anthonyjr2 said:

I don't think Jos keeps older versions of SciTE archived, so it might be difficult to find an earlier complete installation. I think your best bet in this situation is to go through the code on the latest production build of AutoIt and just update the script-breaking changes. It'll allow you to continue using your program into the near future and not have to worry about backwards compatibility.

I would prefer to not do it this way. I only need to make a minor change (which I have done but can't compile it) and do not want to spend a lot of time recoding this program (it's over 1100 lines). :-(

• Developers

Is any of these version you are looking for? : https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/archive/

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)