Settings run as administrator on a shortcut (windows 10)

ddeerr

Go to solution Solved by ddeerr,

Hello,

I'm trying to set automatically on a shortcut, the option run as administrator.

I found this topic :

and i tried to create the registry Key

RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers', 'C:\Users\dsa\Desktop\autoitDSA\toto.lnk', "REG_SZ", "RUNASADMIN")
RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers', 'C:\Users\dsa\Desktop\autoitDSA\toto.lnk', "REG_SZ", "RUNASADMIN"

but it doesn't work. I'm on Windows 10 maybe that's the point ?

Anyway, does someone have something to help me please ? otherwise i think i'll try to do it with some mouse actions.

Thanks

• Developers

Is this an x86/x64 issue and are you using AutoIt3.exe to run the  script?
Have you tried adding 64 to the registry key e.g.: HKLM64  ?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

It is a x64, i tried both x32 and x64 compilation with autoit3.exe (the default one with scite ? 3.3.14.2) but it is the same.

I even try to create manually the registry entries (in HKCU and HKLM) in windows, but it stll doesn't work.

Personnal reflexion : maybe i can try to make aregistry comparison after changin it manually, to see where the change applies, i had a software for that before i need to find it.

• Developers

What exactly isn't working? Is  it the creation of the registry entry or does the registry entry not have the expected result?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Reading the linked thread, it talks about the EXE not the LNK file

On 3/23/2014 at 3:56 AM, z3r0c00l12 said:

I do this via registry keys.

Although you have to use the target of the .lnk file and not the lnk file itself.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.