ImageSearch tolerance do not work

Hello.

I had made a bot that clicks and doing stuff. It is working fine, but when i move it to another PC ImageSearch stop working. I captured same image of a button again and i observed that they are a little bit different. How to deal with this? I wonder if i will make black and white detection might work, or not ... i don't know. The point is i am not willing to re-do photos on each and every PC i move the scripts.

ClickOnImageWithToleranceFast("images/fb_about.bmp",16)

Func ClickOnImageWithToleranceFast($image_path,$tolerance)
   If SearchForImageOnScreenWithTolerance($image_path,$tolerance) Then
      If $x <> 0 And $y <> 0 Then
         MouseMove($x+5, $y+5,0)
         Sleep(500)

MouseClick("left")
         Sleep(500)
      EndIf
   EndIf
EndFunc

Link : https://postimg.org/gallery/z6n168ps/585debf1/#

Also i have attached them.

Thank you

fb_about.bmp

fb_about2.bmp

1 minute ago, rootx said:

Perhaps because it changes the screen resolution and DPI Zoom, before launching the function, first try to capture the actual screen resolution.

Don't quite understand, you say that might be a problem with the fact that i use different resolution? And i am at 100% zoom on browser, i never changed that.

try to verify browser zoom, and monitor resolution and DPI zoom, because... 4example if you run a 3840x2160 resolution on a 15 inch laptop.... windows suggest you to change the DPI Zoom to 250%... etc.... Result?? your script doesnt work well.

30 minutes ago, rootx said:

try to verify browser zoom, and monitor resolution and DPI zoom, because... 4example if you run a 3840x2160 resolution on a 15 inch laptop.... windows suggest you to change the DPI Zoom to 250%... etc.... Result?? your script doesnt work well.

So you say that every time i try do ImageSearch, the images must have high DPI so therefore capture that button when i am very zoomed (250%). This is what you say? We have to be aware that the img will not be 20x50 ... will be +150% bigger, i don't know for sure if it will work

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Question -why do you have to use pixelsearch to click on a button? Why can't you just hook into the button control?

Whats the name of the app? odds are there is a script that is already made that will do the work for you and be MUCH more stable.

I use pixelsearch because i believe it is faster to capture and click. I use FF.au3 lib, wich is very good http://english.documentation.ff-au3.thorsten-willert.de/

I am trying to add friends on FB, but i need it from scratch made, i am using a DB behind. I also use xpath from FF.au3, but somethimes don't work, and i relay on ImageSearch.dll

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2017 at 9:01 PM, masterland said:

Hello.

I had made a bot that clicks and doing stuff. It is working fine, but when i move it to another PC ImageSearch stop working. I captured same image of a button again and i observed that they are a little bit different. How to deal with this? I wonder if i will make black and white detection might work, or not ... i don't know. The point is i am not willing to re-do photos on each and every PC i move the scripts.

ClickOnImageWithToleranceFast("images/fb_about.bmp",16)

Func ClickOnImageWithToleranceFast($image_path,$tolerance)
   If SearchForImageOnScreenWithTolerance($image_path,$tolerance) Then
      If $x <> 0 And $y <> 0 Then
         MouseMove($x+5, $y+5,0)
         Sleep(500)

MouseClick("left")
         Sleep(500)
      EndIf
   EndIf
EndFunc

Link : https://postimg.org/gallery/z6n168ps/585debf1/#

Also i have attached them.

Thank you

fb_about.bmp

fb_about2.bmp

Hi,

I have seen ur images. the images which i captured are of almost similar size. But my script is not able to find such small images. please help.