Why am I getting these errors???!

Dana86

Can you please give us some information about the Windows version and the Browser you use?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ah! That explains the origin of those invisible characters :D. Can you try this?

1. Open the AutoIt Helpfile
  2. Go to the Index tab and search for "HotKeySet"
  3. Open the page and click the "Open script" link

nV1GMgu.png

Can you run THAT script and see if it works? :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

4 minutes ago, TheDcoder said:

Ah! That explains the origin of those invisible characters :D. Can you try this?

1. Open the AutoIt Helpfile
  2. Go to the Index tab and search for "HotKeySet"
  3. Open the page and click the "Open script" link

nV1GMgu.png

Can you run THAT script and see if it works? :)

My Microsoft edge looks different and does not contain that option.

Capturerr.PNG

I run Windows 7 and IE 11. When I copy the example script from the Web help it works without errors.
Looks like a problem with Edge :huh:

Does it work when you first copy the example script to Notepad and from there to SciTE?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Just now, water said:

Does it work when you first copy the example script to Notepad and from there to SciTE?

Or better yet, use the installed example scripts on the computer :D

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

Why should this be better? The help file for AutoIt is provided in two different ways. IMHO none of them is "better" than the other in this case.

My goal here is to get an explanation for this weird behavior with the online help file and Edge.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Just now, Dana86 said:

Kitty Kat you are a Genius!

My pleasure :D

Just now, Dana86 said:

How do I prevent invisible characters from appearing in my code in the future?

Don't copy code from Edge ;)

I use the Notepad approach to get rid of control characters. Simply give it a try ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You can see the &nbsp(s) that get carried over in the source of the page.  I think the other browsers are smart enough to transform that on the trip, also it seems that providing you text without markup is what the 'popout' functionality existed for.

It also seems that as far as the forum is concerned they only exist at the beginning of lines, so removing all leading spaces should also solve any issues.  Just make sure you make it all pretty again before you post that WOT anywhere.

I'd also like to see the character replacement you tried, because that works like a champ.  Binding a hotkey to a _ReplaceAndPaste function might save literally seconds. 

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

11 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

Don't know if Notepad filters those characters :unsure:.

This is so creepy, those hidden characters could possibly be used to track Edge users right? Theres no way to reveal these hidden characters in windows 10? Also now I get missing directory problems for some reason... any ideas?

Capture.PNG

Edited by Dana86