2 Issues Lately?

zone97

Issue #1, I have a program I wrote for work, lately one user who uses it, it has quit working.. Specifically. The run function. My script creates a batch file as temp.cmd, then runs it. but for this one user, the cmd window opens blank? The temp.cmd file exists and has content and you can double click it and it works fine. just my script won't run it? No one else who uses this has this issue, and she didn't have it before the past few days.. My question? where might I look for a cause of this? Like security changes? antivirus issues? I have run out of ideas...

Issue #2, lately as well for myself, when I compile and executable in autoit, it will freeze at the same point and I have to go to tools, stop executing to have it finish.

-Updated the Source Version to:1.2.0.200
+>10:40:13 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.

>Process failed to respond; forcing abrupt termination...
>Exit code: 1    Time: 13.37

Notice the space between AutoItWrapper Finished. and Process failed? That's where it would be hung till i stopped it.. Now, it creates the updated EXE, but I don't understand why its hanging.. Never has before.

I know neither of these are "script" or "code" issues, but just looking for suggestions on why this happens if someone else has experienced this before.

Edited by zone97

Spoiler

WinSizer 2.1 (01/04/2017) - Download - [ Windows Layout Manager ]
Folder+Program (12/23/2016) - Download - [ USB Shortcut Creator ]

Wrapper version 16.612.1119.0 But to my knowledge I haven't updated autoit it a month.. So nothing from the compilers side should be different than say last week when all was working flawlessly.

Spoiler

• Developers

So which directive do you have so I understand what could make it hang after the versioning step?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Edited.

#NoTrayIcon
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=..\Icons\Loader.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=..\Program\Loader.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=4
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.2.0.200
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Tidy=y
#Tidy_Parameters=/tc 4 /reel
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

Nothing has changed from weeks ago.

Edited by zone97

Spoiler

Oh and just so we are on the same page.. Its not the script.. EVERY script i compile does this..

msgbox(0,"test","hello world")
exit

Just created this.. Selected go, and it hangs after clicking ok to msgbox.

Edited by zone97

Spoiler

• Developers
5 minutes ago, zone97 said:

EVERY script i compile does this..

5 minutes ago, zone97 said:

Just created this.. Selected go, and it hangs after clicking ok to msgbox

These statements are not the same. The first indicates the Compile action and the second indicates the Run/Go action.
So are you saying they both show this issue with AutoIt3Wrapper?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Well originally I thought it was just the compiler, but now it does it when I run a script. When the script ends, even if properly. I have to tell autoit to "stop" before I can start the process again.. I think its the computer or something else running is holding these processes hostage..

Spoiler

Corporate McAfee... So no.. Lol, it was updated the other day (forcefully I might add) but it has never been an issue before, unless whatever is new is being overly protective.. I may have to get the IT department to set an exclusion for my machine and specifically autoit..

Spoiler

• Developers

Maybe issue #1 is related since that also shells another program (batch file) which hangs?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Issue #1 Doesn't do it on my computer or others, just this one user started having this issue.. But all are governed by corporate AV.  I dunno, I hate corp. BS.. But I'm limited in what I can change. lol

Edited by zone97

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Issue#1 is now effecting my system, so it's company wide? has anyone had this issue? Where autoit won't run a batch/cmd file? IT seems hit or miss, as in i can make it do it once, but the next 5, 6 times it just hangs? I don't need a solution, maybe just a cause. I will more than likely have to send a write up explaining what the issue is and have corporate undo it for the machines effected. But I have to first find the culprit.  I'm still leaning towards some sort of corporate protection application.

Spoiler

• Developers

Maybe a sleep helps between the creation of the cmd file and running it to allow any AV to scan it?
Can you post the code that has issues?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Maybe some Group Policies changed?

To fight ransomware the IT guys set up application directory whitelisting or something similar lately?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki