(solved) Autoit powershell module

MattHiggs

Hey autoit scripters,

So I have a question concerning autoit's use in powershell.  I am trying to automate the os deployment for our clients' devices when they are shipped in for a new build.  I am using powershell to do this, but there is one particular part in which the use of autoit for simulated mouse and keyboard actions is required.  I would like to use the autoit powershell module in order to do this, but I can't just go and install autoit onto the client machines (webroot, their antivirus, seems to think it is malware, dumb antivirus), and even if it didn't, I still can't just install unapproved software on machines that I don't use.  So I have 2 questions: 1) is the autoit powershell module only a part of the autoit installation (eg. is it also available on, lets say, the powershell gallery, where you can upload powershell modules which can then be downloaded and used by community directly from powershell console), and 2) if the autoit installation is the only place that it is available, what files exactly are needed for the powershell module to function and is their any specific instruction on importing the module into powershell on a computer that does not have autoit installed.  Thanks for your help.

Edited by MattHiggs

• Moderators

If you look in the directory where you installed AutoIt, under the AutoItX subdirectory, you will see the dlls that you need. You can simply do an import-module and point to the dll.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

On 1/28/2017 at 2:28 PM, JLogan3o13 said:

If you look in the directory where you installed AutoIt, under the AutoItX subdirectory, you will see the dlls that you need. You can simply do an import-module and point to the dll.

ok.  I guess I can just copy the folder to the external media I'll be using.  Thank you.