GUI ?

LOWLIFE

I am pretty much a beginner just messing around with stuff. I have found snippets of code and made scripts to execute some of thenthings I want to do, but I want to improve my setup. I would like to make 1 script that can handle different functions as I choose. So from my little research I want to build a GUI? 

More specificly, I want to open the exec and have a window open up. This window wouldnhave multiple options auch as

Press "any" button repeatedly. Where I can select what button, including the "f-" keys. I also would like the option to repeatedly push left or right mouse button and/or hold either mouse button down. Also, if possible, I would like to be able to adjust the duration and frequency of those inputs.

Would I be able to build the GUI and leave some sort of user variable input that would be entered into the code? What might that look like? Any advice is appreciated. 

• Moderators

The short answer to your question is yes, you can accomplish all you are trying to do. I would suggest as a beginning exercise to download and install the full version of AutoIt and SciTE, then choose Koda from the tools menu. You can use this form builder to try out creating a GUI shell with the different controls such as buttons and drop down menus. Once you have a framework you're happy with, look at the GUICtrlCreate* sections in the help file to show you how to interact with those controls. If you run into any issues, post your code here and we will do our best to assist.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thanks, subs. I found it by going to the file location and looking through the sub folders. I found it and this is the code I generated off of the koda file.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=C:\Users\Zac Admin\Desktop\games\editor\big\INTERFACE 1.kxf
$Form1 = GUICreate("RYL ASSISTANT", 601, 437, 450, 132)
GUISetCursor (0)
GUISetBkColor(0xA0A0A4)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("PUSH", 24, 80, 36, 17)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 80, 80, 65, 21)
$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("THIS OFTEN", 168, 80, 76, 25)
$Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 296, 80, 97, 21)
$Checkbox1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("L M CLK", 24, 112, 121, 25)
$Checkbox2 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("L M DWN", 24, 144, 121, 25)
$Checkbox3 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("R M CLK", 24, 176, 121, 25)
$Label4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("THIS OFTEN", 160, 144, 100, 25)
$Input3 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 320, 144, 97, 21)
$Checkbox4 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("R M DWN", 24, 208, 121, 25)
$Label6 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("THIS OFTEN", 160, 208, 100, 25)
$Input4 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 320, 208, 97, 21)
$Checkbox5 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("ENTER", 24, 240, 121, 25)
$Label7 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("THIS OFTEN", 160, 240, 100, 25)
$Input5 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 320, 240, 97, 21)
$Label8 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("F-KEY", 24, 48, 36, 17)
$Input6 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 80, 48, 57, 21)
$Label9 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("THIS LONG", 160, 48, 92, 25)
$Input7 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 264, 48, 97, 21)
$Label10 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("THIS OFTEN", 376, 48, 90, 25)
$Input8 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 480, 48, 97, 21)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###
While 1
 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
 Switch $nMsg
  Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
   Exit
 EndSwitch
WEnd

A few things I want to be able to do is start and stop the code. Code that I have found for my basic task before used 'end" and "Home" and "insert" since I rarely use those keys for anything else but I don't see why that can't be a user defined input as well.
I know it is often helpful to understand what someone is trying to make happen so I will try to explain this. I play a game that allows multiple clients to be open on 1 computer. I play multiple computers with multiple clients on each computer.
I want a character on computer 2 to be able to cast skills for a specified duration of time and release at the right time for maximum effect while I actively play computer 1. Sometimes I need to be able to press a certain button or either mouse click repeatedly also. It is very helpful to be able to mix and match which functions are being executed while I am doing other things. So I hope this kind of helps you understand my motives and maybe you have better ideas than what I have come up with. Thanks for the help again.
Edited by LOWLIFE
I updated the code to what I stopped with for the night.

It's always helpful the forum community here if you post how you solved an issue instead of deleting the post and not leaving an answer.  

....although, I see your GUI code has the word game in it's path, and the nature of your script does smell like some sort of game automation, so I suspect you might be tip toeing the topic anyways (if you've come to be aware of the rules against game automation).

Edited by spudw2k

• Moderators

LOWLIFE,

Looks very gamey to me - thread locked. Please read the Forum rules before posting again.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area