How do I hide the entire screen?

JerryD

Hi,

I'm sure I've seen it somewhere here, but can't seem to find it. I want to create a GUI screen that hides the entire screen and stays on top. I'm very close with this code:

$Form1 = GUICreate ( $Title, @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW,$DS_SETFOREGROUND), BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST,$WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) )

but the task bar still shows.

Thanks in advance for your help.

JerryD

Hi,

I'm sure I've seen it somewhere here, but can't seem to find it. I want to create a GUI screen that hides the entire screen and stays on top. I'm very close with this code:

$Form1 = GUICreate ( $Title, @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW,$DS_SETFOREGROUND), BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST,$WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) )

but the task bar still shows.

Thanks in advance for your help.

JerryD

You can always use SplashTextOn or SplashImageOn

SplashTextOn("Title", "This covers the whole screen", @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, -1, -1, 4, "", 24)
Sleep(10000)
SplashOff()

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

on stuff like this i always ask...

What is the purpose.... first

8)

Good question Valuater. I'm hiding an installation. I'd rather have a single screen mask the process than have flashing installation windows popping up.

BigDod - I started with SplashText which did work, but I didn't like the end user not having any indication that the installation was progressing. What are the properties of a SplashText screen anyway? Does anyone have a tool that can report the properties (and extended properties) of a window?

I did come up with this code:

$Form1 = GUICreate ( $Title, @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, 0, 0, _
    BitOR ($WS_POPUP,$WS_OVERLAPPED,$WS_CLIPSIBLINGS,$DS_MODALFRAME,$DS_SETFOREGROUND), _
    $WS_EX_TOPMOST )

but it behaves the same as UP NORTH's code in that when the installation program starts, the task bar flashes and then the GUI hides it again.

One interesting thing happened in doing some testing. When I ran the form above or UP NORTH's code and terminated the process without turning off the form, my desktop was still hiding all the icons in it and I had to terminate explorer and restart it for them to come back.

Thanks to all for your input.

i have this kind of tool! but im asking!

do you make this for Right use!

if anyone think i should not send the tool we talking about!

"a tool for check windows information and hide windows or completely hide the desktop"

if this tool is not used correctely it can be dangerous! i got 2 tool one in win32 environement and the other in dos environement! it very powerfull tool! and know to be hacker tool when used again people!

but for me i think you sould not hide the whole desktop! why hiding the whole desktop? im not sure if i understand when reading all this! but if a guys like valuater say there is no probleme to send the tools i will send it!

and i know a second solution than will work without any other application! but i will tell only if .... hehe :P

bye bye!

Edited by Greenseed

GreenseedMCSE+I, CCNA, A+Canada, QuebecMake Love Around You.

i have this kind of tool! but im asking!

do you make this for Right use!

if anyone think i should not send the tool we talking about!

"a tool for check windows information and hide windows or completely hide the desktop"

if this tool is not used correctely it can be dangerous! i got 2 tool one in win32 environement and the other in dos environement! it very powerfull tool! and know to be hacker tool when used again people!

but for me i think you sould not hide the whole desktop! why hiding the whole desktop? im not sure if i understand when reading all this! but if a guys like valuater say there is no probleme to send the tools i will send it!

and i know a second solution than will work without any other application! but i will tell only if .... hehe :P

bye bye!

This is for an installation being pushed out by SMS in a corporate environment. No malware here.

I just feel it looks bad to have end users watch the installation screens flash by and would rather hide them. As I said, I almost have it, but the task bar flashes when the setup program starts.

the solution without the tool im proposed! it to start you script with the command start /HIGH script.exe

then your script will have faster acces maybe you will not have you flash coming up because your script will intercep it faster! and check for sleep() in you script when you make your loop to check for the windows comming up! put maybe a little sleep if not sometime it render faster with a little sleep(1) or more do test to know! and the last solution without the tool it to start you software like this in autoit with run()

you run the "AT timenow programtohide" no one will see no flash the windows will never be draw!

i will wait for return of more experimented user to send the tool because im not sure if i can do it!

but try this solution! maybe it will work

GreenseedMCSE+I, CCNA, A+Canada, QuebecMake Love Around You.

To hide the taskbar:

Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4)
BlockInput(1)
Sleep(2000)
WinSetState('Classname=Shell_TrayWnd', '', @SW_HIDE)
BlockInput(0)
; Installing software
Sleep(10000)
WinSetState('Classname=Shell_TrayWnd', '', @SW_SHOW)

Perhaps a screensaver for enjoyment ?

BlockInput(1)
Run(@SystemDir & '\ssbezier.scr /s')
; Installing software
Sleep(10000)
BlockInput(0)
ProcessClose('ssbezier.scr')

To hide the taskbar:

Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4)
BlockInput(1)
Sleep(2000)
WinSetState('Classname=Shell_TrayWnd', '', @SW_HIDE)
BlockInput(0)
; Installing software
Sleep(10000)
WinSetState('Classname=Shell_TrayWnd', '', @SW_SHOW)

Perhaps a screensaver for enjoyment ?

BlockInput(1)
Run(@SystemDir & '\ssbezier.scr /s')
; Installing software
Sleep(10000)
BlockInput(0)
ProcessClose('ssbezier.scr')
Very nice MHz. I'm using your first suggestion and it seems like it works like a charm.

Thank you!