Problems with Mouseclicking Autoit

Hey guys!

Im new when it comes to scripting and i follow some videos on how to make clicks and such. So i will say i know the basics alrady.

However, im having a really big problem

When i run the script is works fine with the clicks and all. But if i run it one or two more times it just moves to very inaccurate positions. YES, i have tried mulitple times to change positions and such but no luck. My script is working its just so inaccurate that im unable to use it. Are there any solution for this? Im trying to make a macro for runescape btw. I have also set the camera to a specific position. I have also tried other camera angles, no luck there either. Making more smoother macro movements does not seem to work aswell.

I have also tried to have clicks away from the minimap, since i know some youtuber had problem with inaccuracy because of this.

I came here because i was googling and did not see anyone else having this problem, or mentioning it. So if someone have a solution, i would be happy!! All i have seen are people trying to change the resolution. But it has nothing to do with that.

ControlClick is 100% accurate as long as the control and window are enabled (and sometimes required to be active) and ready to pick up the clicks...some apps require a longer click to get to that though, via AutoItSetOption.  MouseClick and Send are not going to be a reliable way to get a repeatable script.

With the above as a general statement, it would help to know what is being automated, a sample script, etc.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Hi and thanks for such a fast answer! Im making a script for runescape. Im just testing it out before im really going to work big time on it

My script looks like this. It is atm pretty short.  What it is basicly going to do is to go into a resetangle. Wich means its going to position correctly. This works great, and i have never had problems. But the Func Dooropen is the one i have all the inaccurate problems with

<snip>

Edited by Melba23
Code removed

15 minutes ago, jdelaney said:

ControlClick is 100% accurate as long as the control and window are enabled (and sometimes required to be active) and ready to pick up the clicks...some apps require a longer click to get to that though, via AutoItSetOption.  MouseClick and Send are not going to be a reliable way to get a repeatable script.

With the above as a general statement, it would help to know what is being automated, a sample script, etc.

I have tried to change the mouseclick positions many times. I have also tried other macro programs where no scripting is needed and still inaccurate.

• Moderators

xgjengen,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. Please read them now - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked.

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area