Rerun section until last line is read and run report

Hi All,

I am new to AutoIt and programming in general so any help would be greatly appreciated! 

I am trying to create a script mainly using MouseClick and WinWait in order to automate some web processes. However, due to the lag time of the web pages and fields, sometimes my script does not run properly and I need to rerun it. I am trying to create a script that will check to see if the final line of the script was properly executed and if not, rerun the program and increase a count. Ultimately I would like some sort of report that tells me how many times it took to run to completion and total time. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which functions I can use to accomplish this? I am also open to any suggestions on a better process to ensure that my program runs to completion.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

• Moderators

@kevin42036 It is a little difficult to assist without seeing your script. If you post what you've written you'll go a long way to helping us help you.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

In general, because i use firefox, for your case i have to recommend FF.au3 and mozrepl extension in firefox to enable comunication.

Then you can get all sorts of information about the page. if you base your report on the mouseclick and winwait, i guess the only way is to get any error from winwait, if it timeouts or something.

What have you done so far?

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe