MouseMove didn't Move - (Moved)

A few days ago I'd written an AutoIt program that drove a Target program to open/modify/save pictures.  (Don't want name it, looks like a normal windows application, has a ribbon the little shortcuts appear when you press alt.) Everything working well on  a VM (WServer 2012 I think.)  Then I moved it to a real computer, Lenovo Think Center Windows 8.1, and the MouseMove stopped working.  The MouseMove worked as normal if anything else had the focus (Explorer, Paint, TaskMgr).  If Target had the focus the mouse did not move.  I tried all 3 values for MouseCoordMode.  Tried 32 bit and 64 bit compile.

There's a topic somewhere about the mouse not moving, but MouseGetPos says it's moved.   I tried that and it showed the mouse had not moved.

For a few moments I thought of alternately activating another window to move the mouse, then activate Target, but that was too horrible.

We went around the problem by moving to a different computer, Windows Server 2012 again, and everything was fine. 'Target' is the same version in all cases.  I've worked with it a few times before, never had any problems.

I don't need this solved but I'd be interested to know why.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry,  gave up watching this, but now it's happened again, with the same application.

@jvanegmond - thanks, run as administrator fixed it.

If I compiled to .exe and run that as administrator that worked.

For running from SciTE I looked at what it was running in the console window, Aut2exe_x64.exe, set that to 'run as administrator' - completely stopped it running from SciTE, It would run from a shortcut with the file.au3 as a parameter.

So exit SciTE, set SciTE.exe as 'run as admin'.  Restart SciTE and it works :)

Thanks again.

I would try a window refresh, maybe somehow the mouse graphics don't update when hover that specific window, and since you said the mousepos reads it moving.. i figure it may be related with this.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

I've never ever seen an application that blocks mouse movement, except specific autoit scripts.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe