Clemens

Using GUICtrlRead for ListView with multiselection

Hi there,

I have a small hopefully quick fixable issue with reading information from my ListView:
So in fact I just want to have information about which items are selected, so I'm using

msgbox(0 , "return", GUICtrlRead($myListView), 1)

but unfortunately it only returns me either the first item id or if this is not selected the second item id, or if this is not selected the third, etc. or 0 if none is selected.

Anybody has an idea how to get the full picture of my >>multiple Items selected<< ListView?

Thanks in advance!

Clemens

Edited by Clemens

Clemens,

Time to dig deeper into the Help file and discover the GUIListView UDF - _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices is the function you require.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TheAutomator
      I'm working on a script that needs to work with a huge database inside a combobox.
      I'm looking for the best way to link a multidimensional array to that data to load that data on to textfields.

example:
      combo item 0 = "A", data = [index linked to combo item 0] [1,0,5,4,87,9,"xyz"]
      combo item 1 = "B", data = [index linked to combo item 1] [1,6,5,4,87,9,"zzz"]
      combo item 3 = "A", data = [index linked to combo item 3] [1,6,4,4,87,9,"aaa"] ; yes also double items!
      Would also like to be able to delete and add items on the fly btw..
      Local $INDEX[0][10] ; ubound wil be resized like a stack while loading from a textfile ;inside gui: local $Combo = GUICtrlCreateCombo('...', 10, 10, 290, 25) ;gui loop: While True Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Combo display() ; how do i link my array index to the combo labels to know what to show in the textfields? ; NOTE: (there are duplicate items in the combobox!) EndSwitch WEnd Any toughs are welcome.
      I was thinking about using _GUICtrlComboBox_GetCurSel($Combo) and use that integer to refer to the index (dimension 1) of the array 
      Thanks, TheAutomator

• By dinotom
      Can files be read from the web or the cloud?
      I am trying to read this file but get the file open error.
      #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ;Assign the file path to a variable Local $sFilePath = "C:\Automation\test.txt" Local $sFilePathAzure ="https://batlgroupimages.blob.core.windows.net/files/test.txt" Local $nLineNumberToLookFor = 0 ;Open the file test.txt in append mode. ;If the folder C:\Automation does not exist, it will be created. Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePathAzure, $FO_APPEND + $FO_CREATEPATH) ;Display a message box in case of any errors. If $hFileOpen = -1 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "An error occurred while opening the file.") EndIf ;Set the file position to beginning for reading the data from the beginning of the file. FileSetPos($hFileOpen, 0, $FILE_BEGIN) ;Read the data from the file using the handle returned by FileOpen ;Local $sFileRead = FileRead($hFileOpen) ;Read the 2nd line of data from the file using the handle returned by FileOpen Local $sFileReadLine = FileReadLine ($hFileOpen,2) ;Close the handle returned by FileOpen. FileClose($hFileOpen)  
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello sirs,
      i have searched allot about an function that can  read the INI file as a  string
      i mean function to read the ini files from string and not from the file directly.
      i finally found an UDF that do what i want
      but unfortunately all the functions work,  but the function that i want it not working.
      this is the udf
      the function that  i need is _IniReadFromString
      this is the function

Func _IniReadFromString($szInput, $szSection, $szKey, $Default) $szInput = StringStripCR($szInput) Local $aRegMl = StringRegExp($szInput, "\[" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szSection) & "\]\n+(?:[^\[].*?=.*\n)*" & __StringEscapeRegExp($szKey) & "=(.*)\n?(", 3) If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, $Default) ; key not found Return $aRegMl[0] EndFunc;==>_IniReadFromString
      i hope that any one can help me
      thank you in advance
      iniex.au3
    • By Miliardsto
      I have the following code. You can see there are $color_normal and $color_trans
      In my case normal is too dark . And color trans is to much violet.
      If you run it you will see how its looks. I want gui with listView have the same color like taskbar in windows 10.
      How to achieve that?

#include <Date.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <GuiListBox.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate") $color_normal = "0x" & StringLeft(StringRight(RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent", "AccentPalette"), 24), 6) $color_trans = "0x" & StringLeft(StringRight(RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent", "AccentPalette"), 16), 6) $trans = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize", "EnableTransparency") ConsoleWrite("Transpart = " & $trans & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("Color normal = " & $color_normal & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("Color trans = " & $color_trans & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(_Get_taskbar_color()); It return AARRGGBB $taskbarColor = _Get_taskbar_color() Global $gui = GUICreate("Test", 150, 58,@DesktopWidth-300,@DesktopHeight-58,$WS_POPUP,BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)) Global $idListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 0, 0, 150, 58,BitOR($LBS_NOTIFY,$LBS_SORT), 0) ;_GuiCtrlMakeTrans(-1,100) ; Add column _GUICtrlListView_AddColumn($idListview, "Msgs", 100) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 7, 400, 0, "Segoe UI") GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x470C4F) GUICtrlSetBkColor($idListview, 0x310638) GUISetState() While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Func Terminate() Exit EndFunc Func _Get_taskbar_color() If RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize", "ColorPrevalence") Then If RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize", "EnableTransparency") Then Return "0xD9" & StringLeft(StringRight(RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent", "AccentPalette"), 16), 6) Else Return "0xFF" & StringLeft(StringRight(RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent", "AccentPalette"), 24), 6) EndIf Else If RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize", "EnableTransparency") Then Return "0xD9000000" Else Return "0xFF000000" EndIf EndIf EndFunc  
    • By Colduction
      Hello AutoIt Scriptwriters! 
      I want to read https based site that it's address is: Soft98 (https://soft98.ir/)
      I've tried with "_INetGetSource", "BinaryToString(InetRead)" and "InetRead" but none of them don't help me

How can i get this site html source code without opening IE Windows?