Sign in to follow this  
WoodGrain

Why are these background Run() windows not closing

WoodGrain

Hi guys,

This is probably an obvious one, but I really don't use this command at all so am hoping you can spot my mistake.

I'm running a powershell script on a schedule with the following script in a function, the function is being called in a loop, but the console process is not closing in the background and I end up with a bunch of console windows running in the background:

Run(@comspec & ' /k PowerShell.exe -STA -NonInteractive -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -Command "& ''Z:\Powershell\365\GetNextDetails.ps1'' "', "", @SW_HIDE)

Thanks!

argumentum
58 minutes ago, WoodGrain said:

This is probably an obvious one

try 

RunWait(@comspec & ' /c PowerShell.exe -STA -NonInteractive -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -Command "Z:\Powershell\365\GetNextDetails.ps1"', "", @SW_SHOW)

/k = keep running 
/c = exit after command

WoodGrain

Thanks, I'll check that out!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• AnonymousX
      By AnonymousX
      So I just got a new computer, and instantly went and installed Autoit onto it. I selected run script as default action when clicking on an au3 file, however every time I do this it opens the script in the editor. I can from there run the script no problem.
      I've tried reinstalling and checking the settings by hitting "Ctrl+1" and have confirmed it is set to run, but yet it just continues to open in the editor.
      Any ideas why this is happening or how to solve?
      New system is windows 10, old was windows 7
    • HariKara
      By HariKara
      Hi AutoIters!

Im trying to launch a .exe file that is nested within the program files (x86) folder structure. i have already used the standard RunAs Syntax and found that it fails to launch the application. I have switched to Run and that seems to work. My issue is I have to use RunAs as the applicaton would need to run under a completely different account. The Current logged in user is a Local User on the machine, however, the application must be run as a domain user. The Machine is domain connected.

have tried the following:
      RunAs("username","logonpassword", $RUN_LOGON_PROFILE, "D:\Program Files (x86)\Vendor\Application Name\Exe Location\Executable.exe") The above fails to launch, there are no errors or syntax issues, it just does nothing when the variables are replaced for the correct values.
      I did the same using the Run command
      Run("D:\Program Files (x86)\Vendor\Application Name\Exe Location\Executable.exe") That seems to work fine, but runs in local user context. Any thoughts? Could it be a local Machine rights issue? Or have i missed something glaring in my script
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      i have searched a lot about how to run external programs with the administrator privileges without the script running with administrator privileges using autoit
      But all my attempts failed
      Finally, today I found the VBS function doing this task
      I immediately transferred it to our beloved language (autoit) and i decided to share it with you
      i hope you like it
      This is a simple example about how to use the function

runAsAdmin("cmd.exe", "/c @echo off & cls & echo test & pause", "c:\", @sw_show)
      this is the function

func runAsAdmin($program, $parameters = "", $workingDir = @workingDir, $show = "") local $oShell = OBJCreate("Shell.Application") if isOBJ($oShell) then local $result = $oShell.ShellExecute($program, $parameters, $workingDir, "runas", $show) else $result = false endIf return $result endFunc

• PoojaKrishna
      By PoojaKrishna
      Hi friends,
      The Run command on my machine suddenly stopped execution.
      Anyone of you facing the same issue?
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3.> #RequireAdmin $ExeName = FileOpenDialog("Select AutoIt executable", @ScriptDir & "\", "(*.exe)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST) If not @error Then If FileExists($ExeName) Then $iPID = Run($ExeName, "", @SW_HIDE, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) If @error Then msgbox(0,"Failed", "Failed execution with @error: " & @error) EndIf Else Msgbox(0,"", "File does not exist") EndIf EndIf The above code always fails to execute the executable file. It was working perfect and stopped working now.
      I have tried adding the files and folders to windows defender exclusion list and uninstalling the anti virus but still no luck.
      Please help.

• rudi
      By rudi
      Hello,
      for a script to display PDF files I'd like to simply use the default program for PDF files, so I used "ShellExecute(<pdf-file-full-path>)" to open these files.

The result for *SOME* of the workstations is, that the Adobe Reader starts up with asking for its language. (English/German). When starting AcroRd32.exe through "ShellExecute()", this "choose your language" dialog is showing up *ALWAYS*.

Just to have mentioned it: Process Explorer is presenting this command line, it looks the same for both, PCs with and without that question "Choose Language? [English|German]"
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" --channel=4680.0.860715181 --type=renderer "\\pc0009\Y_DRV_H\Daten\TIF\08\32\G000110832_Freigegeben.idw.pdf"  
      The next approach I thought of was to use Foxit Portable (instead of Acrord32.exe), started from a Network Drive, but it's starting up ugly slowly...
      So I tried to "Run()" instead to "ShellExecute()" the Adobe Reader. Now the result looks more stange, the "select your language" dialog shows up every now and then, but not always for the Win7 installations affected.

If I place a "msgbox()" just in front of the "run()" command, it seems never to show this "select your language" dialog.
      If I take out this MsgBox() the "select your language" dialog shows up sometimes.
      When I "ClipPut()" the run command prior the "Run()" and paste that one to a CMD box, then it seems to *NEVER* happen, that this "select your language" dialog shows up.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" "\\pc0009\Y_DRV_H\Daten\TIF\08\32\G000110832_Freigegeben.idw.pdf" $AcroRead='"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"' $PDF='"Y:\Temp\DRV_H\Daten\TIF\33\85\153385_Freigegeben.dwg.pdf"' MsgBox(0,"Values",$AcroRead & @CRLF & $PDF,1) $MyCommand=$AcroRead & " " & $PDF ClipPut($MyCommand) Run($MyCommand)  
      It looks like, that this "--channel=... --type=renderer" parameters are always fact for the AcroRd32.exe instance, that is opening the PDF to be displayed. The Instance opening the "PDF Display GUI" seems to always be a child process of another AcroRd32.exe process.

Any clue, what's going on "backstage" here? How to avoid this "Choose your language" dialog? Or maybe someone can mention a different "portable" PDF viewer, I could use for this purpose?  
      Any suggestions appreciated, regards, Rudi.