Why are these background Run() windows not closing

Hi guys,

This is probably an obvious one, but I really don't use this command at all so am hoping you can spot my mistake.

I'm running a powershell script on a schedule with the following script in a function, the function is being called in a loop, but the console process is not closing in the background and I end up with a bunch of console windows running in the background:

Run(@comspec & ' /k PowerShell.exe -STA -NonInteractive -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -Command "& ''Z:\Powershell\365\GetNextDetails.ps1'' "', "", @SW_HIDE)

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, WoodGrain said:

This is probably an obvious one

try 

RunWait(@comspec & ' /c PowerShell.exe -STA -NonInteractive -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -Command "Z:\Powershell\365\GetNextDetails.ps1"', "", @SW_SHOW)

/k = keep running 
/c = exit after command

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HoratioCaine
      Hi, I am using python to call the Autoit function. I found a interesting problem.
      env:  win10 64bit 
                python3.6.4  x86、    python3.8.6  x64
                autoit v3.3.16.0
      code:
      #filename: demo.py from ctypes import windll dll = windll.LoadLibrary(r"D:\it_tools\autoit\AutoIt3\AutoItX\AutoItX3_x64.dll") # or AutoItX3.dll dll.AU3_Send("#r", 0) Behaviour:
            (1) run with the "python.exe" 
      it will not open the run dialog, but input a "r" in the cmd window.

(2) run with xxxxxx.exe (renamed from python.exe, you can rename whatever you like)
      work success

I dont know why it happened.   I think it shoule be related to Python and Autoit.  So I came here...
      Can someone give me some advices.  Thanks a lot.
      (by the way, My English is not very well... I wish I  have provided the enough information... If you need more details, please contact me    )
    • By Iraj
      Hi Team,
      Greetings!

One silly doubt, I need to pass one parameter using RunWait to write an output to a file using Cmd Line, but the below isn't writing to the file specified. Kindly assist.
      $pass = $CmdLine[1] $CMD = "C:\Progra~1\bin\Encrypt.exe" &$pass& " > C:\temp\pwd.txt" #write the parameter $pass in C:\temp\pwd.txt RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $CMD,"",@SW_HIDE) Thank you!!
    • By DannyJ
      $sCommands1 = 'powershell.exe Get-ChildItem' $iPid = run($sCommands1   , @WorkingDir , @SW_SHOW , 0x2) $sOutput = ""  While 1     $sOutput &= StdoutRead($iPID)         If @error Then             ExitLoop         EndIf  WEnd ;~ msgbox(0, '' , $sOutput) ConsoleWrite("$sOutput") ConsoleWrite($sOutput) ConsoleWrite(@CRLF) $aOutput = stringsplit($sOutput ,@LF , 2) For $i=0 To  UBound($aOutput) - 1 Step 1     ConsoleWrite($aOutput[$i]) Next The script above reads the whole directory into a one dimensional array, but I need to work with the array, so I need to split the array into multiple dimensions.
      I have already read some forum answers here, and I have already tried these commands:

Are there any way to use the $aOutput variable like in PowerShell:
      PowerShell:
      $a = Get-ChildItem $a.Mode I imagine this in AutoIt  $aOutput
      ConsoleWrite($aOutput[i].Mode) Or if I split this command into 2 dimension like:
      For $i To UBound($aOutput)-1 Step 1 ConsoleWrite($aOutput[$i][1]) ConsoleWrite($aOutput[$i][2]) Next  
    • By DannyJ
      If I try to run this script with   Get-ChildItem which means dir this script works perfectly, but If I try to run this command Get-RDUserSession, my script has the following error message:
      This command runs perfectly in PowerShell admin and I get back the values
      Get-RDUserSession -ConnectionBroker  broker.local | sort Username Or you can try this command as well
      Get-Command Get-RDUserSession If I run the above mentioned command this runs perfectly in PowerShell but not with AutoIt.
      Here is my script you can test the commands:
      #include<array.au3> $iPid = run('powershell Get-Command Get-RDUserSession'  , @WindowsDir , @SW_HIDE , 0x2) ;; This command not works in AutoIT you can test it in PowerShell but it won't work in Autoit ;$iPid = run('powershell Get-RDUserSession -ConnectionBroker  broker.local | sort Username'  , @WindowsDir , @SW_MAXIMIZE , 0x2) ; This command not works in AutoIT ;$iPid = run('powershell Get-ChildItem | sort Name'  , @WindowsDir , @SW_HIDE , 0x2) ; This runs perfectly $sOutput = ""  While 1     $sOutput &= StdoutRead($iPID)         If @error Then             ExitLoop         EndIf  WEnd ;~ msgbox(0, '' , $sOutput) $aOutput = stringsplit($sOutput , @LF , 2) _ArrayDisplay($aOutput)  
      That could be the solution of the problem if I could run, directly this PowerShell command window and Write to it and save it's values.
    • By zoel
      Hello people, I have a script which calls CMD and executes the netstat command, but when I run it through SCITE the GUI opens but I have no output, How can I run the command as administrator?
      Here is my script so far
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiEdit.au3> #include <ScrollBarsConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #RequireAdmin Local $aWndPos Local $hWnd = GUICreate("Form2", 900, 420, -1, -1, Default + $WS_MAXIMIZE) GUISetBkColor(0xE4E4E4) Local $idFilemenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu("&File") Local $idExititem = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Exit", $idFilemenu) Local $idInput = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 210, 10, 660, 360) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKBORDERS) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, Default, "COURIER NEW") Local $idButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("NetStat", 10, 10, 190, 25) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKLEFT, $GUI_DOCKTOP, $GUI_DOCKWIDTH, $GUI_DOCKHEIGHT)) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $idExititem Exit Case $idButton GUICtrlSetData($idInput, _CmdInfo() & @CRLF) _GUICtrlEdit_Scroll($idInput, $SB_SCROLLCARET) _GUICtrlEdit_Scroll($idInput, $SB_SCROLLCARET) EndSwitch WEnd Func _CmdInfo($_sCmdInfo = "netstat /b") Local $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $_sCmdInfo, "", @SW_HIDE, BitOR($STDERR_CHILD, $STDOUT_CHILD)) ; Wait until the process has closed using the PID returned by Run. ProcessWaitClose($iPID) ; Read the Stdout stream of the PID returned by Run. This can also be done in a while loop. Look at the example for StderrRead. Local $sOutput = StringReplace(StdoutRead($iPID), @CRLF & @CRLF, @CRLF) Local $sOutErr = StringReplace(StderrRead($iPID), @CRLF & @CRLF, @CRLF) Local $sReult = $sOutput <> "" ? $sOutput : $sOutErr Return $sReult EndFunc