how to open internet explorer and how to tell if pc is idle?

dll2000

i am currently opening internet explorer using _RunDos command.. this works well but if the current user is using the net it replaces what they were viewing with the page i want the script to view. (replaces current page, instead of opening a new ie6 window)

also i would like to know how i can tell if a user is away from the computer, i.e. tell if the mouse and keyboard hasnt been pressed for last 5 min etc. or detect if screensaver is active.

if the screen saver is active you will se it in the processlist as screensaver.scr or ?????????.scr

for the IE thing! look for winexist() function and related! you can easyly send a URL to a allready opened IE windows! or open a new one with a URL like gamerman2360 tel you!

maybe with _ispressed() and mouse function but that mean you will have a script running everytime to know if user is idle! i think it not a good solution! the tasksheduler is a good one.

in the group policies you can manage action if a session is becoming idle and do some action! like lock computer! check for tool like pstoolkit: pslist.exe to retrive process list from remote computer!

bye bye

hope this help

GreenseedMCSE+I, CCNA, A+Canada, QuebecMake Love Around You.