Show simple "Loading, please wait" style

weevil

Hi,

I have a script which is automating the logging in of some software.  The software is very old and has a LOT of things to do before the script is finished, and I want it to be a lot slicker and cleaner by not showing what the script is doing (looks very busy and messy clicking loads of buttons and menus etc)

Instead I just want a simple screen to overlay what's going on to say that it's loading.  ProgressBar isn't want I'm after because it will still show what's happening in the background, I'd rather completely obfuscate it.

Any ideas?

I'm not a fan of hiding what is going on, on a users computer, so wont help in that fashion.

You should declare what software you are installing, in an effort to find a better and cleaner manner in which to do that, perhaps with silent switches, etc...

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

It's not installing, it's logging on.  I am using AutoIt as part of a PAM solution so any and all activity I am developing is fully authorised and accounted for.  This is part of the UX I am trying to improve.  The software is mainframe emulation and in order to interrogate what's on the emulators terminal screen I have to make use of the clipboard with ctrl+a to determine what's on the screen.  I'd rather the consumers of this service don't see the screen flickering madly as it does copies to the clipboard etc, which is why I want to hide that - it may generate false positive support calls.

It's also not on a users' computer - it's on a bastion server.

Edited by weevil

There is a function with progress bar more elaborated.

May be util in this case.

It's not completly mine.  Search in forum:

Global $fProgress
$nombre="test PROGRESS"
$fProgress = 0
$END=10
ProgressOn($nombre, "please wait...", "0%"  , -1, -1,16);
AdlibRegister("Show_Progress", 500)
For $i=0 to $END-1;
    $fProgress = $i / $END * 100
    ;YOUR ACTIONS...
    ;
    ;
Next
AdlibUnRegister("Show_Progress")
ProgressOff()

Func Show_Progress()
    ProgressSet($fProgress, StringFormat("%.2f %", $fProgress))
EndFunc

42 minutes ago, weevil said:

It's not installing, it's logging on.  I am using AutoIt as part of a PAM solution so any and all activity I am developing is fully authorised and accounted for.  This is part of the UX I am trying to improve.  The software is mainframe emulation and in order to interrogate what's on the emulators terminal screen I have to make use of the clipboard with ctrl+a to determine what's on the screen.  I'd rather the consumers of this service don't see the screen flickering madly as it does copies to the clipboard etc, which is why I want to hide that - it may generate false positive support calls.

It's also not on a users' computer - it's on a bastion server.

I would still suggest instead of hiding poor shabby code, you improve it.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

1 hour ago, JohnOne said:

I would still suggest instead of hiding poor shabby code, you improve it.

It's not the code that's shabby - it's trying to automate technology that's essentially 30 years old.  AutoIt cannot interact with an emulated terminal window.  Only output I can get from it is via the clipboard. 

1 hour ago, ViciousXUSMC said:

SplashImageOn() or SplashTextOn() are probably the two most crude ways to do it.

Set the size static to your needed size to cover everything, or even use @DesktopWidth @DesktopHeight to make it fit.

This is what I used to get what I needed, along with the ProgressBar in the middle to show signs of progress through the script.  Thanks!