InfoTip on tray icon on mouseover

If you move mouse cursor on top of any icon in tray, you can see some small (or not :)) info-tip get automatically displayed. Same on autoit icon in tray, but in this case it would be name of script file (or executable if compiled) and current script line if Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1) is set.

Is there a way to make this tip show my own custom text?

• Developers

You are sure you looked in the helpfile for this? ;)
Tray should have been a pretty good guess.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Why? 
As far as I know you will have to display the trayicon when you want to show a traytip or traymenu.

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Now that you saying it, I think I got wrong impression than this function only work if windows taskbar and script icon is actually visible on the monitor. I tested and it works as I need. Thanks.

I think function Remarks should say something like "To see result you must ensure that you script actually have tray icon, otherwise function have nothing to work with."

Original "The tooltip text is only changed when the tray icon is visible!" is too misleading

• Developers
1 minute ago, Iczer said:

Original "The tooltip text is only changed when the tray icon is visible!" is too misleading

No it isn't really, it was your interpretation of this sentence. ;)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.