Add attachment

Hi I am trying to add an attachment and send via outlook exchange. I am not going to use smtp, since the client is on exchange server. below is my code

Local $olMailItem = 0
    Local $olFormatRichText = 3
    Local $olImportanceLow = 0
    Local $olImportanceNormal = 1
    Local $olImportanceHigh = 2
    Local $olByValue = 1
    Local $olFormatHTML = 2
    Local $olFormatPlain = 1
    local $xyz=678
    $oOApp = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
    $oOMail = $oOApp.CreateItem ($olMailItem)
    $oOMail.Save
    With $oOMail
        ;.To = ("sukirti.x.sen@accenture.com")
        .Subject = "test mail"
        .BodyFormat = $olFormatRichText
        ;.Importance = $olImportanceNormal
        .Body = "test1234"& $xyz
        .attachments.add("C:\Users\sukirti.x.sen\Desktop\New folder (2)\PIndex.xls")
        .display
        ;.Send
    EndWith
    $oOApp=0

Mail is getting sent but attachment is not working , I am on outlook 2016. I tried many variants, .attachements.add , attachmentsadd etc but the attachment is not getting added to the mail. Everything else works though and I have run through hours of past discussions on this on the forums but the attachment is still not getting added

Why don't you use my OutlookEX UDF?
Either use wrapper function _OL_Wrapper_SendMail or single function calls for _OL_ItemCreate, _OL_ItemAttachmentAdd and _OL_ItemSend.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

your udf is great but it is too complex and I have time deadlines...any clues why the .attachments.add is not working?

I have seen posts in the forum where it is working for some people

Complex?

#include <OutlookEX.au3>
Global $oOL = _OL_Open()
Global $oItem = _OL_Wrapper_SendMail($oOL[, "sukirti.x.sen@accenture.com", "", "", "Test Mail", "test1234", "C:\Users\sukirti.x.sen\Desktop\New folder (2)\PIndex.xls", $olFormatRichText, $olImportanceNormal)
If @error then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
$oItem.Display()

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

unh the outlookex.au3 installation gives error when i try to build.

Anyway, i do not want to use something i do not understand. What is wrong with my code and why is attachments.add not working?

It looks simple, and the rest of the mail functionality is working

hi- Please give up working on this, my code was right and of course your code was much better and much more correct than mine.

Issue - the excel files ends with .xlsx and not .xls , lesson learnt for me after spending 5 hours on this simple piece of code, many apologies for wasting your time

Glad the problem could be solved :)
_OL_Wrapper_SendMail would have set @error to 5002. This tells us that the file to attach could not be found. That's not too complex, is it?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

hmm i did not get to look into that.. i am getting errors installing your outlook UDF. I have tried uninstall / install a couple of times but it gives errors, might be something to do with my system or OS. First couple of time i got an error - could not copy from outlookexconstants. I uninstalled deleted the edf and the zip extract and installed it again, but this time it gives me some variable being used without being declared error. I am 100% sure that this is something to do with the installation and I am going to delete all files and reinstall your UDF once i knock of whatever I am doing.there are many functions which you have written and which are definitely great to look through , both from a learning and usage perspective. Many thanks once agaim

What do you mean by installing? The UDF contains a lot of files (help file for each function, example for each function etc.) but you only need two files OutlookEX.au3 and OutlookEXConstants.au3,.
Save them in the directory where your script resides or the User Defined Include Directory. That's it.

This is documented in ReadMe.txt which is part of the downloaded file.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki