only the X button does not exit
      what can i do?
      I made an 'exit' button and it works
      pressing Esc works
      just the X button not working

here's my code:

URLTrimmer 1.5.2 12 21 2019.txt
    • By IamKJ
      So I have a lot of different functions in the little program I'm making.  Most of them use the Do statement, such as finding images, clicking buttons, etc.

The question I have is how would I be able to both
      1) Create a hotkey to pause whatever I am doing at the moment.  If I have to put something into every function in the program, I don't mind.
      2) Create a hotkey to exit whatever I am doing and stop all loops or commands and bring back the main GUI?
    • By ur
      I have created an exit function and registered using OnAutoItExitRegister.But it is not running when I close the app from taskbar or even with normal exit during end.

Below is the part of code and the included files.
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <Date.au3> #include <file.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <String.au3> OnAutoItExitRegister("Exit_Program") Func Exit_Program() LoggingMainScr("Entered Exit_Program") Local $exitmethod = ["Natural closing", "close by Exit function", "close by clicking on exit of the systray","close by user logoff","close by Windows shutdown"] ExitProgram("Exit with exit code: "& @exitCode & " And because of: " & $exitmethod[@exitmethod],@exitmethod) EndFunc Func ExitProgram($sReason="Exit by user",$sCode=0) LoggingMainScr($sReason) if $sCode <> 0 then LoggingMainScr("stopped before completion") FileDelete(@ScriptDir&"\Machines*.txt") FileDelete(@ScriptDir&"\PsExec.exe") FileDelete(@ScriptDir&"\HyperVMachines.ps1") FileDelete(@ScriptDir&"\VMwareMachines.ps1") EndFunc Func LoggingMainScr($sMessage) LoggingDefault($sMessage,@ScriptDir&"\MainScr_Logging.log") EndFunc Func LoggingDefault($sMessage,$sLogFile=@ScriptDir&"\Logging.log") If $sMessage = "" Then FileWriteLine($sLogFile, "") Else FileWrite($sLogFile,_NowCalc() & " :: " & $sMessage&@CRLF) EndIf EndFunc Any suggestion.

• By fosil
      Hi all,

I'm working on a relatively complex automation program and I need it to call a specific function when it is closed by a user. Ive resorted to "OnAutoItExitRegister" as i believe that's the only option available.

This command works perfectly fine in a small scale test application I wrote, but once implemented in the final program that's much larger and divided over many files in many directories it no longer works. I don't get any error messages.

My question is has anyone encountered an issue where implementation of this command in a large scale program gave them trouble? Does it matter where "OnAutoItExitRegister" is called and where the function is located? Currently they are both places in the main file that runs the whole program but it still doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated
    • By Masum
      Hi all,
      Ctrl+Break stops script only if AutoIt window is active. It doesn't work while automation is going on elsewhere.
      Is there a way to stop the script regardless of where the automation is happening?
      Thanks