TCP Made Easy

themax90

Ok, I just want to say before we start off. This is not "Finally a way for your scripts to community". The functions to do it have been around for almost 2 whole years. xD But I don't blame you for not knowing.

It doesn't matter if the client is behind a NAT, because NAT only involves incoming connections and not outgoing.

The connection established token you are talking about is automatically handled by AutoIt and TCP.

Other then that, just try any of the scripts above.

Hehe I was not implying that it was impossible to let scripts communicate, but it was impossible for ME due to my lack of knowledge. Thanks to your help I got a little bit wiser and my knowledge of TCP and AutoIt are a little bit better.

I found out how to set up the connection from the "Client" side and then send data both ways. This way I made a small IM program as an experiment, using my home server as "server", so multiple clients can talk in a simple chatbox (something like IRC, without any rights-management, channels, login or anything)

But in general it is really useful to let scripts communicate.

Thanks anyway!

Hehe I was not implying that it was impossible to let scripts communicate, but it was impossible for ME due to my lack of knowledge. Thanks to your help I got a little bit wiser and my knowledge of TCP and AutoIt are a little bit better.

I found out how to set up the connection from the "Client" side and then send data both ways. This way I made a small IM program as an experiment, using my home server as "server", so multiple clients can talk in a simple chatbox (something like IRC, without any rights-management, channels, login or anything)

But in general it is really useful to let scripts communicate.

Thanks anyway!

If you purely used this as a learning tool, I can recommend this topic: 20589

Otherwise, some more elaborate chat client's I have made can be found here:

TrayIRC

Cobra - Instant Messenger

Edited by Manadar