Problems with window info color picker

Hello,

I am having problems with the autoit window info color picker. Basically, the color finder is not giving me the correct color. For example, on my desktop I could mouse over a shade of black and the color finder will say its white. I am also having trouble with the pixelsearch() function. It is not able to find the correct colors on my screen. I believe the two issues are connected.

The picture I have uploaded illustrates the problem I am having. I dragged the finder tool over the black strip under "Finder tool". The autoit window info says the color is 0x3C94DC, while the 'Just Color Picker' says it is black.

I am running Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro using bootcamp. Any help or guidance is appreciated. Please let me know if I need to provide more information. Thanks!

autoitscreenshot.png

Strangely enough I have the same issue, was trying to get a colour yesterday.

The pointer seems to be showing colours from about 2 inches away, I used the magnifier and thought it was not seeing the window but picking up the desktop, it wasn't, it was about 2 inches left x 2 inches higher.

A fix? anyone

Edit; added image, as you can see the mouse pointer was just above the "n" in the word count, miles away

colour-picker.jpg

Edited by Phaser
added image

Update: I have downgraded from windows 10 to windows 8 and I am still having the same issue. I discovered I am having the same problem as Phaser. If i hover the color finder over the google chrome application it does not show the correct colors, but when I move the find down and to the right (off of the logo) it gives me the colors of the logo.

EDIT: After a bit more fiddling I noticed the further right you go on screen the worse it gets, so I looked at what the screen res was and then on the tool checked under Window tab and noticed there were 2 different sizes, how do I get the tool to pick up the correct screen res? see attached image

windowtool2.jpg

Edited by Phaser
Added further details and picture

This tool is not DPI aware. In display settings you need to set text size to 100%

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook