MIDI programs & scripts won't run.

I have been working with the MIDI UDF by Eynstyne,  Ascend4nt and others (Thanks for that) on a 64 bit Windows 10 machine and I've run into a brick wall. For several months now the programs & scripts I've written won't run. As an example - I was working on a simple program of mine last night and everything was fine. It would start as a compiled exe (both 32 and 64 bit versions) and as a script in the editor scite editor (Lite version but I've had exactly the same issues with the heavy version - makes no difference) and everything was fine. Got up this morning and tried to run the same program and nothing would run. I started the script from the editor and it shows up in the console as starting

"C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\JAPP\Scripts\Midi\StyleSetter.au3"

And then nothing. Everything just stops. I have to Ctrl + Break to stop it. I have the same issues when trying to start the compiled script from an icon on the desktop. I get nothing. I go into the task manager and it shows up there as started but I can't stop it, End task has no effect in either processes or details tab. Shut the computer down and go into the office for a few hours and when I come home and restart the machine the program is still there.  When I try end task in details it tells me that the operation could not be performed and access is denied. I've run out of ideas. I even did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 last weekend and accomplished absolutely nothing. I'm not a programmer just someone playing around so if anyone thinks they could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it.

• Moderators

@JAPP how about showing the code you're working with, rather than leaving us to guess ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!