Window during install wont close no matter what

I have this script. When running manually it works great, the only bad thing is that when the first .msi is running it calls 3-4 more .msi's and an .exe or 2. It also pops up a CMD window that then throws a MSG Box Titled "Reboot Warning", that says it might reboot. You have to click "OK" as it will not expire.

RunWait ("msiexec.exe /i " & @ScriptDir & "\Source\Calabrio_Monitoring_and_Recording_Recording.msi /passive TUPLAUNCH=0")
Sleep(5000)
RunWait ("Source\Calabrio_Screen_Player_Plug-in.exe /verysilent")
Sleep(5000)
RunWait ("msiexec.exe /i " & @ScriptDir & "\Source\Calabrio_Monitoring_and_Recording_Service_Release_5_update.msi /passive")

I am trying to find a way to close this msg box but nothing is working. I have created a couple test options but no command will interact with this window except WinActivate.

AutoIt Window Info

Process Explorer Info

I can't use WinClose, WinKill, SEND Key {ENTER} / {ESC}, nothing will close this window. I know I have the correct info as WinActivate ("Reboot Warning") works everytime.

What am I missing?

I tried this as well but the Send command didn't work.

Run ("msiexec.exe /i " & @ScriptDir & "\Source\Calabrio_Monitoring_and_Recording_Recording.msi /passive TUPLAUNCH=0")
ProcessWait ("MsiPostProcessor.exe")
Sleep (5000)
WinActivate ("Reboot Warning")
WinKill ("Reboot Warning")
WinClose ("Reboot Warning")
Sleep(5000)
RunWait ("Source\Calabrio_Screen_Player_Plug-in.exe /verysilent")
Sleep(5000)
RunWait ("msiexec.exe /i " & @ScriptDir & "\Source\Calabrio_Monitoring_and_Recording_Service_Release_5_update.msi /passive")

• Developers

Are the installers ran with Administrator rights ? if so, have you tried running your script with #requireadmin?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

You could just use the switch to disable the restart or force the restart for example:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372024(v=vs.85).aspx

;~ Disables Cancel button, Display Progress Bar, Disables Restart
RunWait ("msiexec.exe /i " & @ScriptDir & "\Source\Calabrio_Monitoring_and_Recording_Service_Release_5_update.msi /qb!- /norestart")
;~ Disables Cancel button, Display Progress Bar, Force Restart
RunWait ("msiexec.exe /i " & @ScriptDir & "\Source\Calabrio_Monitoring_and_Recording_Service_Release_5_update.msi /qb!- /norestart")

The first thing that comes to mind to me is that if this is the only cmd window open, it could be closed with ProcessClose, and you wouldn't have to interact with the window at all.

Edited by aleph01

Meds.  They're not just for breakfast anymore. :'(

2 hours ago, Subz said:

You could just use the switch to disable the restart or force the restart for example:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372024(v=vs.85).aspx

;~ Disables Cancel button, Display Progress Bar, Disables Restart
;~ Disables Cancel button, Display Progress Bar, Force Restart

Tried this but when this happens the first installer does not complete properly.

1 hour ago, aleph01 said:

The first thing that comes to mind to me is that if this is the only cmd window open, it could be closed with ProcessClose, and you wouldn't have to interact with the window at all.

The CMD window opens and says not to close. Then a few seconds later a separate window opens that is shown in the Process Explorer picture i attached,.

I just copied the last install as an example, you would use the same installation switches for the first as well for example:

RunWait("msiexec.exe /i " & @ScriptDir & "\Source\Calabrio_Monitoring_and_Recording_Recording.msi TUPLAUNCH=0 /qb!- /norestart")
RunWait ("Source\Calabrio_Screen_Player_Plug-in.exe /verysilent /norestart")

11 hours ago, Subz said:

I just copied the last install as an example, you would use the same installation switches for the first as well for example:

RunWait("msiexec.exe /i " & @ScriptDir & "\Source\Calabrio_Monitoring_and_Recording_Recording.msi TUPLAUNCH=0 /qb!- /norestart")
RunWait ("Source\Calabrio_Screen_Player_Plug-in.exe /verysilent /norestart")

Yep, I completely understand, I used the switches you mentioned already. It still pops open the CMD window and the MSG BOX window. Screen shot attached.

ScreenShot

54 minutes ago, Subz said:

Sorry never seen that before, are you able to open the msi with something like http://www.instedit.com/ or Orca and check if there are any properties that you can utilise to disable the screen or create an MST to disable the customaction that runs the process?

That's a good thought I will try the MST. But since it is a separate process not sure it will allow me to do that. 

I assume that MsiPostProcessor.exe is part of the MSI which it uncompresses first before applying the rest of the installation, so there should be a customaction that controls that, maybe there are some switches for MsiPostProcessor.exe that will hide the pop up window.

16 minutes ago, Subz said:

I assume that MsiPostProcessor.exe is part of the MSI which it uncompresses first before applying the rest of the installation, so there should be a customaction that controls that, maybe there are some switches for MsiPostProcessor.exe that will hide the pop up window.

Transform didn't work I assume because it is embedded in another MSI. I opened it with installshield and found the 2 entry's in there and just deleted them and created a new copy. It appears to have just removed the box with no other ill effects.

InstallShield

Edited by TheLug

Could you setup a virtual pc. Get a snapshot of all files and settings, run the installation manually, then get a second snapshot to find out what is different? Its been years since i package built but I remember this being a method to repackage software for deployment and have no interactions or gui screens for the user to see.