Feature selection in Installation

ur

We are trying to automate the installation testing before sending to end users, our product.

For Silent Installation, we have completed this part.

But for GUI, the default installation is completed by sending the keys based on the window.

But for GUI custom installation, we are struck.

How to enable or disable features in the below screen using GUI automation.?

DMr9.7_16 Sept.png

It depends on how far you want to automate, you can use the _GuiCtrlTreeView functions or Control functions to select different parts of the tree and use "{Space}" to open the sub information and use "{UP}/{DOWN}" to select the feature state.  Personally I would place the feature states in the command line, so its pre-configured before you get to the Custom setup page.

Hi @Subz

I tried to change the feature selection through commandline.

"D:\setup.exe" /V"ADDLOCAL=ALL"

The above installation will select all the features, so one part of install testing is fullfilled.

But if I want to enable some particular features.

"D:\setup.exe" /V"ADDLOCAL=MartUpgrade"

What I expected was MartUpgrade will be enabled, but along with that it is disabling all other features.

Is there any way, the default selection will be there as it is and extra features passed should be enabled?

This is the comments I got from Flexera support team:

Unfortunately with InstallShield Express there is no built in functionality to enable one feature like you are describing from the command line. You can pass all of the features that you wish to install with ADDLOCAL (ex: ADDLOCAL=f1,f2,f3,f4) as that property dictates which features will be installed locally.

ADDLOCAL property:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa367536(v=vs.85).aspx

With InstallShield Professional and Premier you would have the ability to set an INSTALLLEVEL for the features and assign a condition to those features to change their install level. When doing this you could pass a property from the command line which would make the feature condition true and enable the specific feature.

Remove property also overrides the default list and we need to mention the values again.

But for this particular application, REMOVE property is feasible as I need to give only 5 features to the REMOVE property.

Thanks @Subz