Get all button controls of GUI into an array

Hi guys

I am trying to figure out how to loop through all the gui buttons and check if the button contains any description. (The buttons description is read from a function which gets the description from the ini file). If the button has no description, it should be hidden. Now my issue is, how do I get all the buttons of the created UI into an array, so I can loop through them?

Cheers

• Moderators

Spongioblast,

Just place the buttons into an array when creating them - I show how you might do it in this post.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Spongioblast,

If you want to get existing controls try something like this...

#include <array.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPISys.au3>

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Create A gui with controls
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Local $gui010 = GUICreate('Class Dump')
For $1 = 1 To 10
    GUICtrlCreateButton('B' & $1, $1 * 30, 20, 25, 20)
    GUICtrlCreateInput('I' & $1, $1 * 30, 45, 25, 20)
    GUICtrlCreateLabel('S' & $1, $1 * 30, 70, 25, 20, $SS_SUNKEN)
Next

Local $btn010 = GUICtrlCreateButton('Show Array of Controls', 10, 350, 200, 20)

GUISetState()

; Enumerate child windows (controls) with CTLID and TEXT

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
        Case $gui_event_close
            Exit
        Case $btn010
            _Show()
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Show()

Local $aWin = _WinAPI_EnumChildWindows($gui010)
    _ArrayDelete($aWin, 0)
    Local $aFinal[UBound($aWin)][4]
    For $1 = 0 To UBound($aWin) - 1
        $aFinal[$1][0] = $aWin[$1][0]
        $aFinal[$1][1] = $aWin[$1][1]
        $aFinal[$1][2] = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($aFinal[$1][0], $GWL_ID)
        $aFinal[$1][3] = ControlGetText('', '', $aFinal[$1][2])
    Next

_ArrayDisplay($aFinal, 'Active Window Control Enumeration', '', 0, Default, 'HWND|CLASS|CTLID|TEXT')

EndFunc   ;==>_Show

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Good solutions from @Melba23 and @kylomas.  Melba's is good for real-time and programmatic creation of the controls; Kylomas' is good for enumerating controls.  I have one to offer as well which works best (for me) for "static" controls.  I tend to use this method for most "complex" GUIs I make.

Basically I create an array and ENUM constants at the beginning of the script that house all my GUI controls, then assign the array indexes to the controls when I create them.  

For example (snippet from my SubNet Calc script in signature):

I start by creating an array with 1 element, set to "hwnd|id"
Then I create constants using ENUM for the GUI ID/handle itself, each GUI control and a LAST const
I Resize/ReDim the array increase the size to the hwnd/ID count (LAST const simplifies this)

Global $aGUI[1] = ["hwnd|id"]
Global Enum $hGUI = 1, $idDummyEnter, $idIPHost, $idIPSubnetMask, $idIPStart, $idIPEnd, $idIPNet, $idIPBroadcast, $idSubnetBits, $idHostCount, $iGUILast
ReDim $aGUI[$iGUILast]

Then I assign each control to the appropriate Array Index (using the Constants I created for easy reference.

$aGUI[$hGUI] = GUICreate("IP Subnet Calc", 258, 330)
$aGUI[$idDummyEnter] = GUICtrlCreateDummy()

$aGUI[$idIPHost] = _GUICtrlIpAddress_Create($aGUI[$hGUI], 70, 33, 130, 18)

$aGUI[$idSubnetBits] = GUICtrlCreateInput("0", 212, 33, 24, 18, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT, $ES_CENTER))

$aGUI[$idIPSubnetMask] = _GUICtrlIpAddress_Create($aGUI[$hGUI], 70, 65, 130, 18)

$aGUI[$idIPStart] = _GUICtrlIpAddress_Create($aGUI[$hGUI], 90, 133, 130, 18, $WS_DISABLED)

$aGUI[$idIPEnd] = _GUICtrlIpAddress_Create($aGUI[$hGUI], 90, 165, 130, 18, $WS_DISABLED)

;etc...

Hopefully this makes sense.  I like doing this as it makes it very easy for me to access my controls from a variable (human readable).  It may not suit your needs, but I figured I'd share yet another method.  Here are a couple more scripts of mine (in my signature) that use this "convention" in case you want more examples:  AU History Plasma_kIt  VMWare ESX Builder