Sign in to follow this  
CADMonkey

Tool to find CLASS control on MS userform

Hi,

I have created a bit of code to enable a script to find named controls on a userform, even though the MS CLASS description changes between machines.

e.g. The CLASS "WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.24b689f_r14_ad1" for a text box on one PC is different on another.

The below code, (a cut-down version of the code from jdelaney original post)  loops through all the controls and finds the first one with the desired string in the control class name - in this case "EDIT".  This name is then usable for setting the text using ControlSetText.

#include <array.au3>
WinActivate("Edit Part Rule")

$TheClassName = GetAllWindowsControls(WinGetHandle("Edit Part Rule"), "EDIT")

;Sleep(500)
ControlSetText("Edit Part Rule", "", "[CLASS:" & $TheClassName & "; INSTANCE:3]", $CmdLine[1])
ControlSetText("Edit Part Rule", "", "[CLASS:" & $TheClassName & "; INSTANCE:4]", $CmdLine[2])

Func GetAllWindowsControls($hCallersWindow, $sStringIncludes)

; Get all list of controls
    $sClassList = WinGetClassList($hCallersWindow)

; Create array
    $aClassList = StringSplit($sClassList, @CRLF, 2)

; Sort array
    _ArraySort($aClassList)
    _ArrayDelete($aClassList, 0)

; Loop
    For $i = 0 To UBound($aClassList) - 1
        If StringInStr($aClassList[$i], $sStringIncludes) Then
            Return $aClassList[$i]
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>GetAllWindowsControls

If anyone has any suggestions to improve it, or a better way to achieve the same thing, please let me know.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By nacerbaaziz
      hello sirs, please i created a tool witch get the focused control in a window and play a audio file linked with this controls
      e.g buttons, checkBoxes, radios, comboboxes, and others
      i know that their is a function that give us the control focus but it return the classNN
      i want to get the class name to use it with a switch and
      because their are more than class e.g button tbutton timagebutton tnewButton...
      please can any one help me to get the class name not the classnn
      thanks in advance
    • By nacerbaaziz
      Hello my friends
      Can we create a single context menu on more than one item?
      For example, a context menu includes standardized options on more than one control, such as buttons or check boxes
      to Create a context menu on one item am using this function
      GUICtrlCreateContextMenu ($ HWND)
      How to link it with more than one element please?
      or if we can't do that, please give me a solution
      so i tried to add an context menus to all the controls but the script will be long, for that if their are any solutions i hope to give it to me
      thanks in advanced
    • By XinYoung
      Greetings!
      I am in need of your guidance once again. I searched the forums for clicking in span, clicking by class, clicking without an ID or Name, etc., but I am unable to find a solution for my problem.
      I am trying to expand this tree in IE. There is an arrow ( > ) that i need to click, but I can't find a way to do it . Alternatively, I can double-click the text "Servers", but that seems to be even more troublesome. I will have to do this 2-3 more times as the tree expands.
      There appears to be an ID for the tree, simply called "tree", but that isn't working when I send a click to it.

;Open an IE session and navigate to pgAdmin. Global $oIE = _IECreate($pgAdmin) ;Maximize the IE window. WinSetState(_IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd"), "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) Sleep(2000) ;Expand the tree $oTree = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "tree") _IEAction($oTree, "click") Any ideas?  
    • By TheAutomator
      Is there a (simple) way to make your script using a picture-control to resize the gui?
      This would be useful for a transparant pop-up window with a custom made theme using picture controls:
      $Form = GUICreate('', 301, 173, 5, 5, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)) GUICtrlCreatePic(@scriptdir & "\resize_win.bmp", 0, 73, 20, 51) ; some api call or code telling the os to use this picture as a resize border GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While True if GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE then Exit WEnd  
      EDIT: to make it more clear what i wanna do, if you go with the mouse arrow over the border of a re-sizable window the arrow changes to a "resize" arrow, you click and drag the border and then the window size adjusts to the mouse position until you release the mouse button.
      I want my picture control to be used the same way as the resize border to resize my window.