GDIPlus alternatives

Hello,

I'm searching for best UDFs for rendering many images, text really fast, creating some effects and etc., so I found this post:

Some examples didn't work, because of gdi32.dll I think. (I installed old AutoIT version to make sure it's not AutoIT problem).

Does anybody know any fully working alternatives to GDIPlus?

Edited by algiuxas

After switching years ago to Linux, sadly I don't use AutoIt anymore.

What examples didn't work in GDI+? I've used a lot of the example scripts and haven't found one that didn't work.

There's also this one

DirectX. It's a lot more complex and I never did much with it. OpenGL and DirectX are pretty much the only other alternatives for doing graphics if GDI+ isn't gonna work for you.

Thanks, but it didn't work:

>Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\Users\wwwni\Desktop\Projektai\Direct3D\Examples\(1) Vertex and Index Buffers\Cube.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
!>22:12:29 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819
+>22:12:29 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 3221225477    Time: 3.375

Tried running 64bit, 32bit versions of AutoIT, using Nvidia and Intel HD Graphics, but still, it just closes up.

EDIT: Hmm "Direct3D Example1" is working fine!

What should I do?

Edited by algiuxas

On 2017-04-03 at 9:31 PM, InunoTaishou said:

What examples didn't work in GDI+? I've used a lot of the example scripts and haven't found one that didn't work.

There's also this one

DirectX. It's a lot more complex and I never did much with it. OpenGL and DirectX are pretty much the only other alternatives for doing graphics if GDI+ isn't gonna work for you.

Hey, I'm having a problem, it's Direct3D, and it uses triangles(quads), which is still slow, because I need 2D graphics, not 3D, and drawing in 3D simple 2D images is a bit slow(I tried with simple 32x32 200 images, and it was only about 10 fps, and it was a little bit buggy compared to GDI+, because it was rendered in 3D), is there any simple 2D drawing UDF, which is fast?

I'd have to suggest googling how other people did it in something like VB (doing D3D graphics) and trying to convert to AutoIt. That's if you want to keep it in autoit. A much easier solution would be to use some other language where there's going to be more support for DirectX. Since there's almost none on the AutoIt forum, trying to do it in like C++ you would find a lot more support. Or pick a language you know, vb, C#, Java, and go with that. You could also try Python. There's a pygame library that will do what you want and I've found it relatively easy to use. I have no python background, never used it, and find I'm picking it up very fast and very easy.

3 minutes ago, InunoTaishou said:

I'd have to suggest googling how other people did it in something like VB (doing D3D graphics) and trying to convert to AutoIt. That's if you want to keep it in autoit. A much easier solution would be to use some other language where there's going to be more support for DirectX. Since there's almost none on the AutoIt forum, trying to do it in like C++ you would find a lot more support. Or pick a language you know, vb, C#, Java, and go with that. You could also try Python. There's a pygame library that will do what you want and I've found it relatively easy to use. I have no python background, never used it, and find I'm picking it up very fast and very easy.

I downloaded Java, I will give it a try. :)