autoitmailSERVER - is it possible ?

memnon

Hello,

for my now working syslogserver i would like to have a mailsendONLYserver to get mails if there are special events on my firewall.

is it possible to write a mailserver what can only be used to send mails -yes i know there are mailservers like ecmts or hamster or something like them, but i would like to have it done in autoit

i dont need a function to send a mail with autoit from an already existing mailserver, i want an autoitmailserver :P

das beste Windows Support Forum: Windows 2000 Helpline und tschüss den WindowsfehlernProgrammieren: Autoit 3 - wer braucht noch VBS ?!Programmieren: Autoit 3 Forum?

Yes it is possible and I am working on developing one but it is a very long process and requires much more then you understand. You are talking about user and password databasing, command line client avialible. All smtp functions. The actual structure of sending the email. It's much harder then you think. I am currently working on one, and have been since two weeks ago. Scheduled beta completion is not for the next few months.

I must say goodluck :P

AutoIt Smith

well indeed you are right smith, if you say i am probably not skilled enough to write a FULL mailserver (compairable to other mailservers), but i do not need authentication or anything else, i only need the part what sends mails from itself to other mailservers. i DO NOT want the mailserver be used from outside my own lan and therefor i wanted an answer :P

i dont need a client, i dont need a full server, i only want to have sent messages from my syslog server to the one emailaccount.

Edited by memnon

das beste Windows Support Forum: Windows 2000 Helpline und tschüss den WindowsfehlernProgrammieren: Autoit 3 - wer braucht noch VBS ?!Programmieren: Autoit 3 Forum?