Script error - Quote

echol

Hi all,

I need advise, I got error " Unable to execute the external program" when run my script.

below the error line

$PID = Run("C:\Temp\Altiris\AeXNSC.exe -s -a ns= "snap.basf-apc.co.id" NOSTARTMENU /s")

does anybody know why ??

Hi all,

I need advise, I got error " Unable to execute the external program" when run my script.

below the error line

$PID = Run("C:\Temp\Altiris\AeXNSC.exe -s -a ns= "snap.basf-apc.co.id" NOSTARTMENU /s")

does anybody know why ??

b'cause the program need to be hardcode ns=snap.basf-apc.co.id

below my complete script

RunAsSet("Administrator", @Computername, "xxxxx")

SplashTextOn("Windows Installer", "Installing program" & @CR & "Please wait .....(approx. 2 min)" & @CR & @CR & "IS Department", -1, 200, -1, -1, 0, "Tahoma", 22)

if FileExists("C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXSWDUsrUIWin.exe") then

else

FileCopy("Z:\DRIVER\patch\AeXNSC.exe", "C:\WINNT\Temp")

$PID = Run("C:\Temp\Altiris\AeXNSC.exe -s -a ns= ""snap.basf-apc.co.id"" NOSTARTMENU /s")

ProcessWaitClose($PID)

endif

SplashOff()

RunAsSet()

The quotes are different to the 1st post. Is that working for you now ?

Yup, it's different I tried using double qoute, but still doesn't work. What command should I use, so Autoit will read this snap.basf-apc.co.id as a text.

I would suggest this:

$PID = Run('"C:\Temp\Altiris\AeXNSC.exe" -s -a ns= "snap.basf-apc.co.id" NOSTARTMENU /s')

I have wrapped the whole command used in single quotes to make double quotes easy to manage.

This looks like an installer. Some installers, like NSIS for example, do not like quotes used. The NSIS /D= switch can fail when the path used behind the /D= is wrapped in quotes. NSIS seems to read the whole commandline raw so no problems with spaces. Just a note.