Sign in to follow this  
FrancescoDiMuro

Run cmd.exe + another exe

Good morning AutoIt community! :)
Today, I'm here to ask you if you know how to run an .exe from cmd.exe ( Command Prompt )...
My intention is to read a .ini file where I store an information that has to be included in the shell, and run an .exe with that information...
I'll give you an example :)

Local $aFileCartellaAuditCopy = _FileListToArray($sPercorsoAuditCopy, "*.txt")
If @error Then      
    MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante la lettura della lista dei file nella directory" & @CRLF & $sPercorsoAuditCopy & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error)
    Return False
Else
    Local $iPID = Run("cmd.exe" & ' /k "C:\Users\Portatile-60\Desktop\HmiCheckLogIntegrity.exe" "C:\Users\Portatile-60\Desktop\AuditTrailDosaggio0_20170327_151335_DOSAGGIO_PW_01.txt"') ; & " /k " & '"' & $sHmiCheckLogIntegrity & '"' & " " & '"' & $sPercorsoAuditCopy & "\" & $aFileCartellaAuditCopy[1] & '"', "", @SW_SHOW, $STDOUT_CHILD)
    Return True
EndIf

This code is in a function, that returns False if it can retrive at least a file from the path stored in the .ini file...
Else
I would like to run the Command Prompt with the .exe and with a parameter of that .exe, but it seems to not work properly.

Could please anyone tell me why?

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

Thoughts:

• I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
    I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
    By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Any reason you don't use either IniRead or IniReadSection?  Does the application require elevation, i.e. #RequireAdmin to run?  Does it need to be run in 32/64?

Hey @Subz, thanks for your quick reply :)
I did manage to run the .exe, and now I have to read the STDOut from the shell... ( By the way, I use IniReadSection(), but I didn't post that code ( because it's in another function, sorry :D
I can use StdoutRead() in a loop or... I don't know... I've never used that function before :D
Thank you again :) 

Spoiler

Thoughts:

By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

@Subz
Sorry for my "confusion"... :) Read below :D 

@Jos
Happy to see you here :) I've managed to run the .exe as I said in the previous post, and know I have to read the content of the STDOut, in order to compare the result from the ".exe" I've launched, and do what I need to do :)

I tried in this way, but it returns blank "result":

Local $sSTDOutRead = ""
While 1
    $sSTDOutRead = StdoutRead($iPID)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
WEnd
MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "", $sSTDOutRead) ; This returns blank MsgBox!

Thanks for you help guys :) 

EDIT: I've managed to correct the $sSTDOutRead with the "&" before the =...
@TheDcoder
I'll try it asap! Thanks :D 

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Spoiler

Thoughts:

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

You can try my Process UDF which is capable of returning the STD output for you :)

A cross-platform implementation of the AutoIt language

My contributions to the AutoIt Community ##AutoIt at freenode, real-time chat

3fHNZJ.gif

Spoiler

If I have hurt or offended you in anyway, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) intend to do that to anybody.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cruisepandey
      Hi There ! 
      I have a script here : 

;Launch CMD
      Run("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe")
      sleep(2000)
      $cmdHandle = WinActivate("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe")
      Sleep(2000)
      ;Sending document
      ControlSend($cmdHandle, "", "", "ftp" & @CRLF)
      ControlSend($cmdHandle, "", "", "open" & @CRLF)
      Sleep(2000)
      ControlSend($cmdHandle, "", "", "first command" & @CRLF)
      Sleep(2000)
      ControlSend($cmdHandle, "", "", "second-coomand" & @CRLF)

first-command and second-command I can't provide cause it's internal. I have complied this .au3 file into an exe and it does the work. But I need to invoke this with Java. Java code I have tried is : 

ProcessBuilder pb = new ProcessBuilder("C:\\Users\\username\\eclipse-workspace\\Examples\\src\\com\\own\\examples\\etc.exe");
          pb.start();
          Thread.sleep(5000);

Through java it just launches the cmd and nothing happens after that. Please help !!
    • By Chimp
      I'm trying to drive a command prompt by sending instructions via a NamedPipe.
      This way you can (should) be able to send commands to the command prompt and at the same time "view" the result in the same window.
      This is not allowed if you run a command prompt with "opt_flag" parameters (redirected streams) because this will disable StdOut on the cmd itself.
      This small (trivial) snippet works for the first command sent to the cmd, but further submissions will fail.
      Maybe the problem is in how I use the run () command to start a new cmd with the StdIn redirect from the NamedPipe. It seems that the generated cmd will close automatically after the first reception of the command via NamedPipe.
      suggestions on how to make it work are welcome
      thanks
      #include <NamedPipes.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> ; Creates an instance of a named pipe Global $sPipeName = "\\.\pipe\pipename" Global $hPipe = _NamedPipes_CreateNamedPipe($sPipeName, 1, 1) MsgBox(0, "Debug", "Pipe created. Now open a CMD") ; run a cmd with only StdIn redirected (StdIn data incoming from a pipe) Global $hCMD = Run(@ComSpec & " /K cmd < " & $sPipeName & @CRLF, "c:\") ; ok? MsgBox(0, "Debug", "now Send a command to the cmd via a NamedPipe") _StdInPipeWrite("dir" & @CRLF) MsgBox(0, 'Debug', "further commands will fail" & @CRLF & "now send command 'dir c:\windows'") $sMessage = "Dir c:\windows" & @CRLF _StdInPipeWrite($sMessage) MsgBox(0, 'Debug', "send another command (will also fail)" & @CRLF & "now send command 'echo Hello'") _StdInPipeWrite("echo Hello" & @CRLF) MsgBox(0, "Debug", "end of test") ProcessClose($hCMD) Func _StdInPipeWrite($sMessage) ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function writes a message to the pipe ; =============================================================================================================================== Local $iWritten, $iBuffer, $pBuffer, $tBuffer $iBuffer = StringLen($sMessage) + 1 $tBuffer = DllStructCreate("char Text[" & $iBuffer & "]") $pBuffer = DllStructGetPtr($tBuffer) DllStructSetData($tBuffer, "Text", $sMessage) If Not _WinAPI_WriteFile( _ $hPipe, _ ; ...... Handle to the file to be written $pBuffer, _ ; .... Pointer to the buffer containing the data to be written $iBuffer, _ ; .... Number of bytes to be written to the file $iWritten, _ ; ... The number of bytes written 0 _ ; ............ [optional] A $tagOVERLAPPED structure or a pointer to it ) Then ConsoleWrite("WriteMsg: _WinAPI_WriteFile failed" & @CRLF & _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage()) Else ConsoleWrite("WriteMsg: write OK" & @CRLF & _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() & @CRLF) EndIf EndFunc ;==>_StdInPipeWrite  
    • By Pike
      Hey Everyone, I haven't been here in a while and recently picked up my old project. Still an FNG!
      To the point: I want to be able to push the button and either play an mp3, open a file, or open an exe program (all with the same button). The problem is that I don't know how to code for that at "case 1"
              Case 1                                                                                                                                             
                  Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default")                                
                  SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                     <-------------------------------
                  Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                                 <------------------------------- This 'Run' doesn't work even by itself!
      See code below for layout. If you need more information I will attach more code or answer any questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Much Respect,
      Pike

Func _HandleButton() $iClickCount += 1 $iTimer = TimerInit() AdlibRegister("CheckButtonPress", $CheckTime) EndFunc Func CheckButtonPress() If TimerDiff($iTimer) < $CheckTime Or $iTimer = 0 Then Return Switch $iClickCount Case 1 Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default") SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Case 2 MsgBox(0, "INFORMATION:", "Choose the file you want designated to this button") Local $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog(0, @ScriptDir & "\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST + $FD_MULTISELECT) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file(s) were selected.") EndIf Local $sFileName = InputBox("INFORMATION:", "Please Name Your File?" & @CRLF _ & @CRLF _ & "6 Characters or Less", "") IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "One", $sFileOpenDialog) IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "NameOne", $sFileName) EndSwitch $iClickCount = 0 AdlibUnRegister() EndFunc  

• By Burgs
      Greetings,
        I would like to be able to write a script to send commands to the console for creation of Gstreamer pipelines.  I was thinking of something similar to this:
      Local $iPID = Run("C:\Windows\System32\cmd", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ;THIS OPENS THE CONSOLE...!!! if $iPID == 0 Then ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "I DID NOT OPEN CMD...error: " & @error & @CRLF) if $iPID <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "I OPENED CMD...!!!" & @CRLF) $hCmd = WinGetHandle("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe") if $hCmd <> 0 Then WinActivate($hCmd) ;ensure command console is active... $sOutput = Send("cd C:\gstreamer\1.0\x86_64\bin" & @CRLF, $SEND_RAW) $sOutput = Send("gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! autovideosink" & @CRLF, $SEND_RAW) Sleep(3000) ControlSend($hCmd, "", "", "exit" & @CR) EndIf ;$hCmd NOT "0"... I don't really know if this is the best way to open the console and send commands into it.  I'm also not sure about how to best catch any errors that may occur...likely this needs to be accomplished with the STDOUTREAD command however I've not had experience using it before and therefore would appreciate some advice that anybody may offer. 
      Basically I'm seeking guidance on how to best automate the opening of the console, sending lines of commands to be executed, and handling any potential errors in the execution of those commands...I thank you in advance.  Regards.
    • By Skeletor
      Hey All,
      Yes, this is an odd request. 
      But is there a way to bulk up the size of the compiled program? 
      I know many want to reduce it's size, but I want to increase it.
      What methods do you suggest?