[Solved]_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetText() returns @error = 700 - help?

Mbee

I've made successful calls to _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetText() earlier in this app, but in another function it fails and sets @error to 700, which could mean "internal error", but that is extremely unhelpful! :'(  (I say it could mean that, but that's not listed in the documentation as a possible return code -- although it is for a call to _GUICtrlRichEdit_GetText).

The call to _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create() worked fine and returned no error, so how can I figure out what's going on?

Thanks for any assistance!

Edited by Mbee

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Mbee said:

but that is extremely unhelpful! :'( 

As is asking people to troubleshoot an issue without posting any of the code you're using :'(

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

@Mbee if you want people to assist you then yes, code is necessary - specifically code that will run, not a one-liner showing variables that mean nothing to anyone but you. You're basically asking us to first guess at what you're doing and then troubleshoot for you. If the code is long, posting a reproducer that shows the problem will invite others to assist.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

Well, since I won't post 10,000+ lines of code, kindly forget that I asked you for help...

Honestly, though, there's absolutely no reason anyone needs to see the code for this direct, unambiguous, issue which is utterly unrelated to my code.  When an official function returns an undocumented and inexplicable @error value, that's either totally unrelated to my code, or else I'd need to post all 10,000+ lines to see if some obscure, mysterious, bug is cramming the value of 700 into @error under impossible circumstances (there are no calls to SetError() anywhere in my code).

It seems particularly curious to me to be presented with this demand when an official function returns an undocumented and/or informationless return code. Why aren't you asking to see the code for the function in question? Surely that would be vastly more useful and relevant.

• Developers

I do sense an attitude I don't like so have no appetite to help you...   so am out of this thread unless things needs to be locked.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

Same here. Your attitude is not going to win you any friends on this forum, and needs to be checked if you expect help in the future.