Automation help

hello!

I want to automate some functions and I need some help to point me to the right commands, etc.

1) Is it possible to perform automatic OCR to a pdf?

2) Is it possible to select a region in a pdf and then perform OCR to hand written text?

3) Is it possible to identify and select listbox entries?

4) Is it possible to manipulate IE webpage elements, ie fill textboxes, select dropdown menus and radiobuttons?

Are there any tutorials for these please?

thanks!

• Moderators

@usser we have this wonderful forum search function that will answer all of those questions for you. A simple search of OCR yields a vast number of threads showing what others have already done. A similar search for select listbox does the same. As for question #4, I would look in the help file under the _IE* functions. Each and every one comes with an example to show you how they work.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

junkew thanks but 3 is not related to IE, it's separate from 4

can AutoIt identify and select listbox entries from Windows listbox controls? how? last time I played with it, I couldn't find a way

On 4/19/2017 at 6:26 PM, junkew said:

So you have read frequently asked question 31

It points to a huge thread, is there a command with examples to select listbox entries in Win applications?

On 4/27/2017 at 3:32 PM, junkew said:

Did you try anything at all with au3inf or simplespy to recognize your controls

not at the moment as I don't have access to the GUI, I just wanted to ask before I get my hands on

Is the https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_GUICtrlListBox_SetSel.htm 

what I need?

Are there commands to get all the listbox entries text and then select accordingly?