AutoIT TreeView problem

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here. I am struggling with TreeView handling in my windows application. It is a .Net application.

My problem is: The .Net application contains different sections and different tree structures in those sections. I have managed to go to each section but not able to identify the tree view. I have tried all possible command related to TreeView i.e. ControlTreeView, _GUICtrlTreeView_FindItem etc but nothing worked out.

I read somewhere that .Net application needs to be managed in different way as in to integrate vbscript with AutoIt. I am not getting the solution.

Please help.

Thanks 

@LarsJ

I have gone thru the link you provided and tried with one of your example #71 which provided me some details of my application.

Few of them I'm pasting here:

Title     = 
                                                    Class     = WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2b89eaa_r19_ad1
                                                    Ctrl type = 50033
                                                    Ctrl name = pane
                                                    Selected  = False
                                                    Handle    = 000403BA

Title     = 
                                                        Ctrl type = 50033
                                                        Ctrl name = pane
                                                        Selected  = False
                                                        Handle    = 00040384

Title     = 
                                                            Ctrl type = 50033
                                                            Ctrl name = pane
                                                            Selected  = False
                                                            Handle    = 00040398

Title     = 
                                                                Ctrl type = 50033
                                                                Ctrl name = pane
                                                                Selected  = False
                                                                Handle    = 0004039A

Title     = 
                                                                    Ctrl type = 50033
                                                                    Ctrl name = pane
                                                                    Selected  = False
                                                                    Handle    = 00040390

Title     = Test Cases Explorer Custom View
                                                                        Ctrl type = 50033
                                                                        Ctrl name = pane
                                                                        Selected  = False
                                                                        Handle    = 0004038C

I am looking for the Handle "Handle    = 0004038C" (the highlighted one) which is a treeview in my application with common class name. 

I am not able to detect and control the treeview.

Please help.

CoderAI, Well done. The control with the highlighted handle is a pane control (CUIAutomation2.au3: Global Const $UIA_PaneControlTypeId=50033) and is probably the parent control of the treeview.

Please copy a bit more of the information in SciTE console (generated by the code in post 71 of the UI Automation thread) so that we in fact can see the treeview and some of the treeview items.

In which way do you want to control or automate the treeview?

TreeView.txt contains no information about the treeview. To be able to automate the treeview we simply need information. I've updated the code in post 71 so that it can start from the desktop. Sometimes this can provide more information.

Please try running the updated script and start from the desktop (default in the script). Remember to close all windows except the treeview window. Otherwise, you get too much information.

If it does not provide more information then look at this post once more. It's updated.