[Closed] Which Browser Should I Use for Browser Automation on Windows 10?

Hi

I will soon be moving to Windows 10, and will need to do some Browser Automation there.

Is there a specific browser that is more recommended to choose, for Browser Automation with AutoIt, on Windows 10?
(for example, because it is more comfortable to work with, works better with AutoIt, etc..)

Thank you very much

Zohar

Edited by Zohar

I understand.
Thank you very much.

OK there's no problem regarding the requirement to use a UDF (when choosing another browser than IE).

If anyone has any experience in automating the above 3 in Windows 10,
and can say if one is more comfortable/easier/stable to work with than another,
please write..

Just now, Zohar said:

Or for other reasons?

The main reason is that AutoIt has an official UDF for interacting with IE and it has many functions which makes the automation easier

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

The main reason is that IE exposes it's API through the DOM while the others do not. Meaning scripting support is built in to IE and has to be shoehorned onto the other browsers, with varying results.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Zohar changed the title to [Closed] Which Browser Should I Use for Browser Automation on Windows 10?

Hi all

4.5 years have passed since this question,
and I assume the answers of several people here have also changed.

I am adding a post in case someone finds this via the Search, and needs an answer.

IE is now discontinued,
and since my favorite browser is Firefox, then the solution I found was this:

I write a Firefox Add-on, which does most of the automation that I need - the Web Automation part,
and for the parts that it can't, I communicate from the Firefox Add-on to an AutoIt script, and then do what I need using AutoIt.

For the Communication between the Firefox Add-on and AutoIt, I use TCP.
The reason is since a Firefox Add-on is quite limited in what it can access on the computer, outside the browser, for security reasons.
So TCP is the simplest way to achieve IPC between Firefox and the rest of the computer.

Edited by Zohar