PixelCheckSum in Excel

I'm writing an Excel macro using AutoItX COM. However, I'm having trouble with a PixelCheckSum :

TEMP=oAutoIt.PixelCheckSum(275, 230, 500, 255)

(oAutoIt is the "AutoItX3.control" object that I declared earlier.)

Usually, TEMP picks up a positive value, but on some occasions, TEMP gets returned with a negative value.

I tried declaring TEMP to be a long datatype, but that doesn't help. I tried putting in a long sleep statement before and after the above statement, but that doesn't work either.

Could it be that PixelCheckSum is returning an error code (time-out or something)? Anyone with any hunch what's happening? Or maybe suggestions to troubleshoot further?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm writing an Excel macro using AutoItX COM. However, I'm having trouble with a PixelCheckSum :

TEMP=oAutoIt.PixelCheckSum(275, 230, 500, 255)

(oAutoIt is the "AutoItX3.control" object that I declared earlier.)

Usually, TEMP picks up a positive value, but on some occasions, TEMP gets returned with a negative value.

I tried declaring TEMP to be a long datatype, but that doesn't help. I tried putting in a long sleep statement before and after the above statement, but that doesn't work either.

Could it be that PixelCheckSum is returning an error code (time-out or something)? Anyone with any hunch what's happening? Or maybe suggestions to troubleshoot further?

Thanks in advance!

my first suggestion would be to post your code, then we could try to duplicate the issue and work from there.