HELP It "_ReplaceStringInFile" isn't working for me

Okay so I know its me that's doing it wrong but let me see if you guys can figure it out.

So this is the Error I'm getting:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\Dlex\Dropbox\New folder\IPfolder\math.au3"    
"C:\Users\Dlex\Dropbox\New folder\IPfolder\math.au3" (33) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:
_ReplaceStringInFile($sFilePath, $replace2)
_ReplaceStringInFile(^ ERROR
>Exit code: 1    Time: 1.713

I can't figure out what is what is happening with the Variable.

Please Help if you can.

IP_List.txt

math.au3

Okay so I know its me that's doing it wrong but let me see if you guys can figure it out.

So this is the Error I'm getting:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\Dlex\Dropbox\New folder\IPfolder\math.au3"    
"C:\Users\Dlex\Dropbox\New folder\IPfolder\math.au3" (33) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:
_ReplaceStringInFile(^ ERROR
>Exit code: 1    Time: 1.713

I can't figure out what is what is happening with the Variable.

Please Help if you can.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:\users\dlex\documents\koda_1.7.3.0\forms\dascondorstart.kxf
$DasCondor = GUICreate("DasCondor", 509, 242, -1, -1)
GUISetBkColor(0xFFFF00)
$Store = GUICtrlCreateLabel("What Store Are You Working At?", 112, 40, 311, 33)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 18, 800, 0, "Arial Narrow")
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000)
$gobutton = GUICtrlCreateButton("GO", 88, 184, 75, 25)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FF00)
$clearbutton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Clear ", 224, 184, 75, 25)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FFFF)
$exitbutton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 384, 184, 75, 25)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF0000)
$data1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("1", 144, 112, 89, 36, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT,$ES_CENTER))
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 18, 400, 0, "Arial Rounded MT Bold")
$data2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("23", 254, 115, 89, 36, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT,$ES_CENTER))
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 18, 400, 0, "Arial Rounded MT Bold")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

Case $gobutton

Case $exitbutton
            exit

EndSwitch
WEnd
Global $replace2= "Second"

Global $sFilePath = 'C:\Users\Dlex\Dropbox\New folder\IPfolder\IP_List.txt'

Func replace()
_ReplaceStringInFile ( $sFilePath, $replace2,$data1,0)

EndFunc

Edited by JLogan3o13

Move these lines to the top of your script.

Because they're after the While loop, they'll never get processed. Also, don't REDECLARE them inside the function, you're doing it wrong, just declare them once.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

@dascondor in the future, please use code tags when posting your code - keeps our collective eyes from bleeding while trying to read it. See here how to do it ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Just now, dascondor said:

Is there Anyway to tell "_ReplaceStringinFile" to not touch certain numbers that it might select?

No, you'd have to create your own version of it that takes more parameters, or use a RegEx on the file instead that does what you're looking to do.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Still some errors to clean up.

_ReplaceStringInFile() has at least 3 required parameters.

Case $gobutton

I think you meant to call your Replace() function? Else I do not see anywhere in the script its actually being called/used?

When I was brand new to this, what I usually did was write a script that ran once until I got it working, then added the GUI after.

This may help you get where you need to be as well.