Combo Box Read Value Bugging

Hi,

I am having difficulties wondering why my code bugging like this,
the symptom : I have a form with combo box, and details in bottom of the app, when user choose another option the details changes immediately but when I go to details, it goes up and down endlessly

here is the code

Global $cChkPatrol, $YES= "YES", $NO = "NO"

if GUICtrlRead($combo1) = "YES" Then
    $cChkPatrol = $YES
Else
    $cChkPatrol = $NO
EndIf

func StartForm()

GUICtrlSetData($txtInfo,"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SENT WITH THE MESSAGE:" & @CRLF & asdfgSystemInfo())
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    AdlibRegister("_CheckPatrol")
    While 1
        $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
        Select
            case $nMsg = $txtEmailAddress
                GUICtrlSetData($txtInfo,"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SENT WITH THE MESSAGE:" & @CRLF & asdfgSystemInfo())
            case $nMsg = $txtPhone

case $nMsg = $txtFullName

case $nMsg = $cChkPatrol
            case $nMsg = $cmdScreenShot
                $gScreenShotFile =  SaveScreenShot()

case $nMsg = $cmdSubmit
                if ValidateForm() then
                    if asdfgSubmit() Then
                        UpdateStatus("Your request has been sent successfully")
                        MsgBox(0,"Help Requested","Your request has been sent successfully")
                        ExitLoop
                    Else

MsgBox(0,"Help Failed","Something is wrong you request was not sent, please try again")

Endif
                endIf
            case $nMsg = $cmdAttach
                $gAttachFile = AttachFile()

Case $nMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop
        EndSelect
    WEnd
    AdlibUnRegister("_CheckPatrol")
EndFunc

func asdfgSystemInfo()

dim $asdfgInfo
    $asdfgInfo = ""  & @CRLF

if $isAdminVersion=1 then
        $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & @CRLF & " Ticket Tags:" & @CRLF
        $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#userphone='" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & "'" & @CRLF
        $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#submitterphone='" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & "'" & @CRLF
        dim $MachineID
        $MachineID = KaseyaIni($gKIniFile,"SERVER COMMUNICATIONS","User_Name","NotFound")
        $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#machineid='" & $MachineID & "'" & @CRLF

dim $OrgGroups
        $OrgGroups= StringSplit($MachineID,".")

dim $OrgGroupIndex
        $OrgGroupIndex = UBound($OrgGroups) - 1
        $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#organization='" & $OrgGroups[$OrgGroupIndex] & "'" & @CRLF

dim $EmailUser
        $EmailUser = GUICtrlRead($txtEmailAddress)
        $EmailUser = StringMid($EmailUser,1,StringInStr($EmailUser,"@") - 1)  & @CRLF  & @CRLF

$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~#username='" & $EmailUser & "'" & @CRLF

;dim
        ;Call("isChecked")
        ;$categ = GUICtrlRead($chkPatrol)
        ;$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "-#category='" & $categ & "'" & @CRLF

EndIf

$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Email:" & GUICtrlRead($txtEmailAddress) & @CRLF & @CRLF
    $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Full Name:" & GUICtrlRead($txtFullName) & @CRLF & @CRLF
    $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Phone:" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & @CRLF & @CRLF

$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "DateTime:" & _Now() & @CRLF
    $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "MachineName:" & @ComputerName & @CRLF
    $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "UserName:" & @UserName & @CRLF
    $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "OS:" & @OSType & " " & @OSVersion & @CRLF
    $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "LogonDomain:" & @OSType & " " & @LogonDomain & @CRLF
    $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "LogonDNSDomain:" & @OSType & " " & @LogonDNSDomain & @CRLF
    $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "OS:" & @OSType & " " & @OSVersion & @CRLF

$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "IP Address:" & @IPAddress1  & @CRLF
    $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Public IP Address:" & GetPublicIP() &@CRLF
    ;$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "Public IP Address:" & _GetIP () &@CRLF

$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "OS:" & NetAdapterInfo()

$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "KaseyaInstalled:" & KaseyaInstalled() & @CRLF
    $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "KaseyaRunning:" & KaseyaRunning() & @CRLF
    $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "KaseyaAgentGUID:" & KaseyaIni($gKIniFile,"SERVER COMMUNICATIONS","Agent_Guid","NotFound") & @CRLF
    $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "asdfgPaid:" & isasdfgIDPaid() & @CRLF

if $isAdminVersion=0 then
        $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & @CRLF & " Ticket Tags:" & @CRLF
        $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~userphone='" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & "'" & @CRLF
        $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~submitterphone='" & GUICtrlRead($txtPhone) & "'" & @CRLF

dim $MachineID
        $MachineID = KaseyaIni($gKIniFile,"SERVER COMMUNICATIONS","User_Name","NotFound")
        $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~machineid='" & $MachineID & "'" & @CRLF

dim $OrgGroups
        $OrgGroups= StringSplit($MachineID,".")

dim $OrgGroupIndex
        $OrgGroupIndex = UBound($OrgGroups) - 1
        $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~organization='" & $OrgGroups[$OrgGroupIndex] & "'" & @CRLF

dim $EmailUser
        $EmailUser = GUICtrlRead($txtEmailAddress)
        $EmailUser = StringMid($EmailUser,1,StringInStr($EmailUser,"@") - 1)

$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~username='" & $EmailUser & "'" & @CRLF

dim $categ
        $categ = $chkPatrol
        $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~category='" & $categ & "'" & @CRLF

dim $track
        $track = $cChkPatrol
        $asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~test='" & $cChkPatrol & "'" & @CRLF

$asdfgInfo = $asdfgInfo & "~afterhour='" & $AfterHour & "'" & @CRLF
    endif

Return $asdfgInfo

endFunc

Yes it was same app as previous post in the forum I asked, I also having experience this happening before but I fail to understand the reason why this is happening. Thanks in advance.

ButtonSupport - Copy.au3

35 minutes ago, anub13 said:

when user choose another option the details changes immediately but when I go to details, it goes up and down endlessly

What exactly do you mean by this? You're only reading the combobox in one place, and then you never read from it again.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

6 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

What exactly do you mean by this? You're only reading the combobox in one place, and then you never read from it again.

please find attached files for the img

when I change the option to YES, ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ........

when the cursor goes to that area, and scroll it down, always back to up I can't go down at all.

Capture.PNG

Edited by anub13
typos

There's no way for me to run this because of the internet connection test you have in it, and I'm not going to go through the effort to make it runnable.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I still had to heavily modify it to get it to run.

The problem is caused in 2 places.

1. Your function _CheckPatrol is constantly reloading the information in the edit box, for no good reason that I can see.
  2. You have a line in your GUI message handler looking at the variable $cChkPatrol, this isn't a control on your GUI, it's just a variable that contains Yes or No, and it's getting processed every time the loop runs. Delete this section, as it's unnecessary as it's written.
    case $nMsg = $cChkPatrol

You might want to consider moving the GUICtrlSetData inside your If statements in _CheckPatrol and see if that eliminates some of the excessive rewriting of the edit box.

17 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

I still had to heavily modify it to get it to run.

The problem is caused in 2 places.

1. Your function _CheckPatrol is constantly reloading the information in the edit box, for no good reason that I can see.
  2. You have a line in your GUI message handler looking at the variable $cChkPatrol, this isn't a control on your GUI, it's just a variable that contains Yes or No, and it's getting processed every time the loop runs. Delete this section, as it's unnecessary as it's written.
    case $nMsg = $cChkPatrol

You might want to consider moving the GUICtrlSetData inside your If statements in _CheckPatrol and see if that eliminates some of the excessive rewriting of the edit box.

sorry about it, I thought I ran it well in here

OK will try as you said and be right back.

@BrewManNH

Still need some time... at the moment still figuring out to solve it.:D

Thanks for responding.

EDIT:

Sorry for double post.

EDIT 2: 

@BrewManNH

just complete the code, put simple code 

Func checkCombo()
    if GUICtrlRead($combo1) = "YES" Then
        $chkTrack = $YES
    Else
        $chkTrack = $NO
    EndIf
EndFunc

and called it on here

case $nMsg = $combo1
checkCombo()
GUICtrlSetData($txtInfo,"ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT WILL BE SENT WITH THE MESSAGE:" & @CRLF & TCDSystemInfo())

:) thanks for your help

Edited by anub13
typos