turn off windows defender

• Moderators

Nowhere near enough information. What OS? Is the user a local admin? If you don't want to use defender why not just push out a GPO to disable?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

40 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Nowhere near enough information. What OS? Is the user a local admin? If you don't want to use defender why not just push out a GPO to disable?

the program has admin rights

os varies from windows 7 to windows 10

what was the last thing in your sentence?

• Moderators

The last question was why not use Group Policy to change the behavior of the application. Am I to assume these machines are not on a domain?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

2 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

The last question was why not use Group Policy to change the behavior of the application. Am I to assume these machines are not on a domain?

i don't have direct access to these computers

they are from people on my skype and i sent them updates daily 

but sometimes microsoft defender deletes my file because autoit is ridden with false positives

i was maybe thinking about a changing a registry key to turn real time protection off on their computer

• Developers

Not a good idea! Why do you have this many false positives? Are you working with compiled scripts?
Maybe you need to consider using AutoIt3.exe and a3x compiled source?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

I agree with Jos, you're getting false positives, and instead of resolving that you want to turn off their anti-malware agent? Are you replacing it with another application I hope?

52 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

I agree with Jos, you're getting false positives, and instead of resolving that you want to turn off their anti-malware agent? Are you replacing it with another application I hope?

no im making an option to revert it back too ofcourse if im planning on doing that

• Moderators

And we're done. @rietjevaldo, no one wants your childish attitude on this forum. Take a couple days to mature and then come back.