# key in crontrolid (solved)

If I use ControlClick or ControlSend and want to send to a ClassnameNN of #327709 how might I do that?

ControlClick ("Window Name", "", "#327709", "left", "1", "590", "253")

This doesn't seem to work for me and I think it might be the # sign

Please help.

Edited by rawkhopper

• Moderators

Are you sure the ControlID is showing that number? Typically the window will show that, but usually the control ID is just a number? Have you tried it without the #? How about a screen shot of what the Window Info Tool is showing you for this window?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hmm that doesn't seem to work either.

AutoIt Window Info in the control tab under ClassnameNN says #327709

Under Advanced mode it says [Class:#32770; Instance:9]

Where as other controls have names and they seem to work using exactly what I see there.

I even tried creating a string with the # sign and used that with ControlSend and ControlClick and it did not work either.

Oh I see a little more clearly.  The ID is blank. I didn't recognize that the example given for ControlClick uses ClassnameNN which is different from the Class ID.  So I need to control it by the ClassnameNN which has the # sign unless there is another way to control this region of this program.  I really wanted to use ControlClick just in case a window popped in front of this program.

Anyway here is what I see in Window Info:

Class         #32770

Instance     9

ClassnameNN    #327709

Name     

Advanced mode [Class:#32770; Instance:9]

ID

Text

Anyway anyone know how to use ControlSend and ControlClick with this region of the program?

Found the problem...  it was me :P

Anyway the issue was my lack of understanding the Window Info tool.  I turned off Use Spy++ and was able to drill down deeper into the program and see the ID and it works.  Sorry for the confusion but maybe this will help someone else?