Running an AutoIT script with no UI

Hello Again Legends of AutoIT

I am immensely grateful for the help I was given in creating my first script which works (almost) perfectly when logged on to a PC with admin rights.

The problem is that I need to silently install the application on to 50 PCs that do not have admin rights. We have a homemade distribution tool but basically a log on script runs, checks if your in an AD group and if you are it installs the application. The problem I have is that the user that installs the application is actually a service run as a user and this means that there is no UI.

My script doesn't seem to run correctly or at least the application is not installed and I don't know enough about AutoIT basics (yet) to know whether it can be used in this context.

I'm more than happy to give more information or share my script if this is not enough information to go on.

Thanks in advance

• Moderators

@Kirky sharing your script is always helpful; if ever in question, share. As for installing as a service, it should work as long as you're not trying to interact with the desktop (or you have set the service up to interact with the desktop). Again, seeing the script would be most helpful.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Since this is a InstallShield Product you should be able to capture the settings and then use these for deployment for example:

On a new system without KeyScape installed, run the following:

KSLC_11_1_0_Setup_x64.exe /r /f1C:\Temp\KeyScape.iss

Run through the installation this should create a file named: C:\Temp\KeyScape.iss once it has completed.

Copy this file to the same path as KSLC_11_1_0_Setup_x64.exe.

Create a new AutoIt Script named KeyScape.au3 with the following:

RunWait(@ScriptDir & '\KSLC_11_1_0_Setup_x64.exe /s /f1"' & @ScriptDir & '\KeyScape.iss")

Another method is just using default settings for example:

RunWait(@ScriptDir & '\KSLC_11_1_0_Setup_x64.exe /s /v" /QB /NORESTART"')

Thanks for your suggestions Subz I did try both of these methods first but neither work.

RunWait(@ScriptDir & '\KSLC_11_1_0_Setup_x64.exe /s /f1"' & @ScriptDir & '\KeyScape.iss")

Using this method brings up a message box towards the end of the install asking which version of AutoCAD to integrate with which is why I ended up creating the AutoIT script in the first place.

RunWait(@ScriptDir & '\KSLC_11_1_0_Setup_x64.exe /s /v" /QB /NORESTART"')

This method just hangs and nothing is installed at all.

Installshield will create a temp directory for it's files during transition, and will also include a log file...check that out, and see what's up.

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.