Trying to get my application to run

bboere

I have downloaded and started to use this nifty tool. What an awesome utility!!!!

I am trying to get an application to launch so I can have it run automatically. On the command line for the app, there is a variable that is entered to gather an environment variable and use this data. (It is a workstation naming utility)

Here is the script that I have so far:

Run("c:\windows\zmg\Zcnclite.exe /log:c:\windows\zmg\zcnc.log /remzen /sn: %WSOldName%")

WinWaitActive("ENGL Zcnc Lite 1.3 [build 1307]","Please enter new computer name.")

Send("{ENTER}")

If I run the exact command from the command prompt or batch file, everything works properly.

When the application runs (successfully), it comes up with a window with the data of the environment variable WSOldName

When I run it with this script the window comes up with WSOldName for the data.

How do I get this to run?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help

Brian

if WSOldName is an environment varible and you want to used %WSOldName% then you will need this line at the beginging of your script Opt("ExpandVarStrings", 1) ;0=don't expand, 1=do expand this option allows you to use %environment% variables inside strings. or you can use this other line:

Run("c:\windows\zmg\Zcnclite.exe /log:c:\windows\zmg\zcnc.log /remzen /sn: " & EnvGet("WSOldName"))

Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line