Custom performance counters

Howdy,
I'm using a monitor suit to read performance counters in windows server and trigger alarms depending on their value. One example is the disk counters that i use to warn if the disks are getting full.
Unfortunatly, the monitor suit i'm using can only read the counters and trigger on a certain percentage of the value. Since "free disk space" is relative to how big the disk is, a percentage just won't cut it. I would like to create a new performance counter that uses an algorith to present a better value than percentage.
So, my question is, is it possible to create a new performance counter that gets fed with information from an autoit script?

Edited by faldo

• Moderators

@faldo if you're asking whether you can create an AutoIt script to track disk usage better than a simple % then the answer is of course yes. If you're asking how to create a new Data Collector Set fed with information from a script, I think that would be better suited to a Windows forum. If you Google it you'll see that it can be done, although I have only ever seen it done with Powershell.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thanks for your reply!
I'm asking if there is a way for autoit to create a performance counter and then update that counter. In other words, have you (or anyone else) seen or know of a method, maybe thourough some WinAPI?
I found a script by Ascend4nt that is able to read the counters so i presume that's not a problem.
Cheers!

Edited by faldo