Best ways to receive file from and to transfer file to a desktop app

What's the best way to receive file from a desktop app?

• app.exe will execute a cmd with "au3file.exe /path/of/the/file.xml" and the au3file.exe will get and delete that.
  • Or else?

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE QUESTION
And best way to transfer file to a desktop app?

• au3file.exe do a $_POST request and the app.exe MUST HAVE a local HTTP server that can receive $_POST, but it looks heavy 'cause the app must have a server such XAMPP.
  • au3file.exe execute a cmd with "app.exe /path/of/the/file.xml" and the app.exe will now get that file and delete.
  • Or else?

Edited by 5ervant
  • Moderators

@5ervant you are more than welcome to bump your post after waiting the requisite 24 hours, but increasingly larger text is not going to get you an answer any faster. Please show some patience.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By argumentum
      ...trying to get the MonthCal font size, given that when loading it ( GUICtrlCreateMonthCal() ), this Win32 control has the font size auto-adjusted by the OS and working with display scaling, getting the font that is visually congruent, getting this value should make it the perfect font size for my GUI.
      My question is how to get this ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.windows.forms.monthcalendar.size?view=windowsdesktop-6.0 ) working from within AutoIt3.
      This should work in any PC given that the .NET supports this call in every version of .NET
      Thanks. ( I have no clue of C# or .NET )
    • By AutoitMike
      A process of mine opens a HML file, modifies it and then saves, closes it.
      I then need to run an.exe that opens this file right after this.. However, nothing that I find on this forum works that supposedly tests to see if the fie is still open, ready to be used by another process.
      Right now, I just Sleep(2000) .
      I would like something cleaner than this.
      This function, for example, returns False when nothing has it opened or if I open the file with notepad or any other editor.
      I am running on a win7 laptop, if that has any bearing.
      $File="C:\Utilities\test\report.hr5" MsgBox(0,"", _FileInUse($File)) Exit Func _FileInUse($sFilePath) ; By Nessie. Modified by guinness. Local Const $hFileOpen = _WinAPI_CreateFile($sFilePath, $CREATE_ALWAYS, $FILE_SHARE_WRITE) If $hFileOpen Then _WinAPI_CloseHandle($hFileOpen) Return False EndIf Local $fReturn = False If _WinAPI_GetLastError() = 32 Then $fReturn = True Return $fReturn EndFunc  
    • By Skeletor
      Hi All,
      So I was searching through the internet and found a plethora of information to learn C#. 
      However, some are way below par and does not explain very well. 

So, anyone can suggest a proper website or eBook or video course explaining C#?

I've learnt AutoIt (still I'm learning it) by making small programs, reading the forums, going through the F1 guide (huge help, seriously this helps alot) and reading the Wiki.
      Any direction would be appreciated, just not off the edge of a cliff.. 
    • By Rskm
      Hi, I have 5 notepad files with lot of data in each of it. The data are arranged in lines and i wish to get it pasted/copied into excel.  Say, i need to read notepad1 and paste the contents into sheet1 of excel and notepad2 to sheet2 and so on.  If i read the notepad and paste it line by line, it is taking lot of time.  Is there a way by which i can paste the whole of notepad file into excel sheet(and get it pasted line by line as shown in the attached excel), instead of using code to write it line by line?.. I was using Filewriteline(data, line i) initially to write to excel.  The 'i' value was incremented with for loop and the excel was updated, but this takes lot of time.  The expected excel format is attached here.  any help is appreciated.  thanks
      Tmp.xls
    • By Colduction
      Hi AutoIt programmers, excuse me for bothering you with multiple topics.

In AutoIt we can use Number() function to convert Hex string to number but it's output is different of C# output & and i wanna make it's output like AutoIt code.

For e.g I use this in AutoIt:
      Local $dBinary = Binary("Hello") ; Create binary data from a string. Local $dExtract = Number(BinaryMid($dBinary, 1, 5)) ConsoleWrite($dExtract & @CRLF) And i use this for C#:
      using System; using System.Text; //NameSpace Is Use of Project Name namespace TEST { class Program { public static void Main(string[] args) { //declaring a variable and assigning hex value string dd = ToHex("Hello", Encoding.ASCII); decimal d = Int64.Parse(dd, System.Globalization.NumberStyles.HexNumber); Console.WriteLine("Result: " + d); //hit ENTER to exit Console.ReadLine(); } public static string ToHex(string sInput, Encoding oEncoding, bool b0x_Prefix = false) { byte[] a_binaryOutput = oEncoding.GetBytes(sInput); string sOutput = BitConverter.ToString(a_binaryOutput).Replace("-", ""); if (b0x_Prefix == false) { return sOutput; } else { return "0x" + sOutput; } } } }
      I say once again that excuse me for creating new topic, in fact i'm making a library for GAuthOTP from a topic in AutoIt.