Unable to activate window in non interactive session

Using AutoIt v3.

I've got a script that runs the Firefox 1.5 installer. It works fine during an interactive session on Windows XP. However, when not logged in and running the script from psexec or via scheduled task, the first dialogue box that opens up, freezes. AutoIt says the box is not "active." It does not respond to Send commands or other control functions.

I used "Winactivate" which returns successfully. However followed up by "winactive" still says it's not active.

Any way to fix this?

Michael

Using AutoIt v3.

I've got a script that runs the Firefox 1.5 installer. It works fine during an interactive session on Windows XP. However, when not logged in and running the script from psexec or via scheduled task, the first dialogue box that opens up, freezes. AutoIt says the box is not "active." It does not respond to Send commands or other control functions.

I used "Winactivate" which returns successfully. However followed up by "winactive" still says it's not active.

Any way to fix this?

Michael

Why do you need to activate the window? Can you just use ControlSend() rather than Send()?

Why do you need to activate the window? Can you just use ControlSend() rather than Send()?

I tried that. It doesn't work either. The window is a normal box with "Next" and "Cancel". ControlSend works on the "Cancel" button. However on the "Next" button it closes the installer application completely, rather than "Next"-ing it.

One thing I noticed about the window (using Window Help): in the "Control Under Mouse" section for the "Next" button, it says "(Control is hidden)". It does not say this for the "Cancel" button. I don't know if that affects this problem.

-Michael

With some experimenting I discovered the problem is only with the "Next" button in the Firefox installer. The Cancel button works fine. I'd be curious to hear if someone has suggestion on how to work around this. I need to deploy Firefox 1.5 to 250 workstations running Windows XP.